Xibalba's Various Fictional Soccer Concepts

Xibalba

I rediscovered some various logo's I was working on so I figured why not share them here, most of them are fictional clubs that where supposed to be part of a larger series. So without further ado, here are the first entries.

It's not exactly a fictional club but it has been defunct for about a century now. The perennial NESL title contenders, Rovers Football Club of Fall River, Massachusetts. Also known as the biggest small town club. 

I kept the green and white club colours and based the layout of the monogram on this league medal from 1890, and admittedly I also used the Rangers monogram somewhat as a reference point. 

spacer.png 

spacer.png

The second club is Wrexham Town FC, the fictional counterpart of our world's Wrexham AFC, the Welsh fifth tier club that was recently acquired by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.  This club however plays in the Welsh Premiership, a league that's close to the Scottish League in terms of overall quality. The design of the crest is based on the town's coat of arms

spacer.png 

spacer.png

• Like 6

I could see the Rovers design working for an American football team that manages to either move to Boston (and thus butterfly away the Patriots as we know them) or stay in that area as a Packers-esque "team in a seemingly weird location", which also probably butterflies away the Patriots as we know them.

While both logo concepts are great, I feel they're quite basic when it comes to uniform concept. Maybe you could try to explore more "background" details like different typefaces for NOBs,  more detailing on the jerseys. That way, the uniforms looks a little bit generic.

• 10 months later...