Facebook rebrands as Meta

CS85

29 minutes ago, DukeofChutney said:

Have to say I'm very indifferent to the new name and the new logo.

Plenty of companies that have the boxed 'f' on branding that will take forever to update to the new name, so it's going to be around for a while.

Facebook keeps being Facebook, Instagram keeps being Instagram, WhatsApp keeps being WhatsApp. Meta is only the Umbrella company that holds all of the three networks.

41 minutes ago, johnrafael said:

Facebook keeps being Facebook, Instagram keeps being Instagram, WhatsApp keeps being WhatsApp. Meta is only the Umbrella company that holds all of the three networks.

This. Similar to what Google did where Alphabet is now the parent company of the whole thing.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

The biggest change most people will notice is the ticker symbol changing from fb to mvrs

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2021-10-28 at 8:50 PM, johnrafael said:

Thanks for that. Just shows that the brand annoucement wasn't doing much if I misunderstood it being the new name for Facebook.

Or... I should pay attention more! 😂

1 hour ago, DukeofChutney said:

Thanks for that. Just shows that the brand annoucement wasn't doing much if I misunderstood it being the new name for Facebook.

Or... I should pay attention more! 😂

Facebook (and the rest of their brands) has too strong of branding to change. Plus you’d have every boomer wondering where their Facebook app went if they changed it.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:17 AM, dont care said:

Plus you’d have every boomer wondering where their Facebook app went if they changed it.

You say that like it'd be a bad thing...😉

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Facebook isn't really better or worse than any other social media app that sucks our souls -- they're all bad, and I'd know! It's just that Facebook did really bad math about video engagement one time and duped every content outlet into firing journalists, which turned out not only to be based on bad math but a real tactical error in terms of angering the only group that defends itself more vigorously than law enforcement. Twitter is just as crappy and deleterious to one's sanity as Facebook is, but Twitter is where journalists live, and all their chuckles about "this hellsite" are pure kayfabe -- they love it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/28/2021 at 9:08 PM, seasaltvanilla said:

Tired of random blob logos.

They should have made something tangible and concrete for one of the most abstract concepts in existence

Also, like, it's clearly an M.

• 1 month later...

Archived