Canada's Official 2022 Winter Olympic Wardrobe

sparkychewbarky

Canada just revealed its official 2022 Winter Olympic Wear, 

in a backdrop that looked more like a set from "The Handmaid's Tale".

Can't wait to see John Tavares strolling down Olympic village in these get-ups....

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

So, let's hear your opinion... Are you...

- Liking 'em

- Loving 'em

- Disliking 'em

- Thanking the sweet lord that YOUR country didn't hire Lululemon to design YOUR country's olympic wardrobe.

(BTW...You can see John Tavares modelling this stuff on the Lululemon website)😶

3 hours ago, sparkychewbarky said:

Can't wait to see John Tavares strolling down Olympic village in these get-ups....

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

- Liking 'em

- Loving 'em

- Disliking 'em

- Thanking the sweet lord that YOUR country didn't hire Lululemon to design YOUR country's olympic wardrobe.

I'm assuming whoever designed this has a college education giving them the necessary credentials to earn this opportunity. The system has failed at multiple levels 

...I mean it looks like fairly basic winter outerwear. I really don't get the reaction here if you actually look at what's going on in the pictures and think about them. I really don't think anybody is actually going to look like the pictures.

They just, for whatever reason, decided to layer everything, which I think was an attempt to show all the pieces all at once and try to achieve the fashion show look where it's more of a representation of the overall catalogue aesthetic (while being intentionally garish and intentionally not showing the pieces as intended to be worn). That or they didn't have enough models and stuck everything on the few models they had. 

I really doubt that any of the athletes are going to be layering a winter jacket over a winter vest (or wearing a vest and then wearing a winter jacket as a backpack using the straps) and I really doubt that's what Lululemon intended. Not everything is going to be worn at once nor is intended to be worn at once.

I know this is a sports design forum and not a fashion design forum, but I would have thought some of that design stuff would translate over...

IEI5Tg1.png

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

...I mean it looks like fairly basic winter outerwear. I really don't get the reaction here if you actually look at what's going on in the pictures and think about them. I really don't think anybody is actually going to look like the pictures.

They just, for whatever reason, decided to layer everything, which I think was an attempt to show all the pieces all at once and try to achieve the fashion show look where it's more of a representation of the overall catalogue aesthetic (while being intentionally garish and intentionally not showing the pieces as intended to be worn). That or they didn't have enough models and stuck everything on the few models they had. 

I really doubt that any of the athletes are going to be layering a winter jacket over a winter vest (or wearing a vest and then wearing a winter jacket as a backpack using the straps) and I really doubt that's what Lululemon intended. Not everything is going to be worn at once nor is intended to be worn at once.

Matt LeBlanc reveals the 'Friends' episode that left him with a real-life  injury

zzPEfBm.png

On 10/30/2021 at 7:12 PM, steve61 said:

The full set...

Team-Canada-lululemon-kit.jpg?quality=100&w=1080

I love the windbreaker/jacket worn by rightmost guy. Other than that...

But it makes me wonder, what if the Canadian hockey team switched from black to burgundy as its dark accent and gear colour and kept red as its primary colour? Could that look good or we'd just end up looking like Latvia or something?

On 10/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, sparkychewbarky said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

- Liking 'em

- Loving 'em

- Disliking 'em

One more good reason to end the Olympic games.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, Digby said:

I’ve been here a while. You’d think wrong.

And you might be surprised.

I've acquired quite an affinity for fashion, while studying the elements of Haute Couture by watching runway videos.

This one's me fave...

Ahhhh... the textures, the imaginative use of various materials, the playful interpretation...blah, blah...

You don't need a course on fashion to realize that this offering from lululemon is a steaming pile.

@monkeypowerrightfully noted that the pieces look better individually. Separately, each piece isn't AS bad, but it's just red-coloured puff with a logo sewn on.

On their own, they're kinda underwhelming, although the one jacket has a nice "Duck Hunter from Hell" feel to it.

As an ensemble, the collection (painstakingly designed to be worn all at once), is ridiculously silly.

Layers are a good idea considering the range of temperatures in Beijing at that time of year...but layers of puff on puff on puff?

You couldn't help but look like Terence...

spacer.png

I've often thought that Canada was always over-represented at these events, in numbers bloated by unnecessary management, bureaucrats, and hanger-ons...

(many are there, on nothing more than a taxpayer-funded holiday)....And now our bloated presence will look even more bloated.

If each competitor wears the full monty, I hope that the Canuck committee has phoned ahead to reserve 2 seats per athlete so they can watch the opening ceremonies after the march-in, in their poofy splendour, comfortably.... Jaysus.

@monkeypoweralso mentioned that hopefully, the marchers won't be wearing the full package. I hope you're right mp.

BUT... lululemon has slapped down some major coin to showcase their "progressive" designery, and they've put a ton of resources and effort into the element of wearing everything at once... WHY?...I don't know... I'd need a big-ass truck just to have enough room to slide in behind the wheel decked out in this crap.

(Actually, the scarf could work in our visits to the local rink with its cold, hard bench-seats. Every member of my family would have a cushion to sit on).

Wearing a weeks worth of clothing all at once seems to be lulu's "WOW" factor.......wow.

For its investment, I think that lulu would demand at least, that a large number of the athletes wear the whole she-bang at the opening.

They'll wear the full outfit, and they'll march in to the stadium looking like a bunch of crimson circus clowns,

and our competition will be shaking in their snow-boots...and not from fear or the cold.

I guess if you decide to partner with lululemon, this is what you should expect;

Something more suitable for a winter runway in Paris (Ontario), than on the backs of our athletes.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:26 AM, sparkychewbarky said:

And you might be surprised.

I've acquired quite an affinity for fashion, while studying the elements of Haute Couture by watching runway videos.

This one's me fave...

Ahhhh... the textures, the imaginative use of various materials, the playful interpretation...blah, blah...

You don't need a course on fashion to realize that this offering from lululemon is a steaming pile.

@monkeypowerrightfully noted that the pieces look better individually. Separately, each piece isn't AS bad, but it's just red-coloured puff with a logo sewn on.

On their own, they're kinda underwhelming, although the one jacket has a nice "Duck Hunter from Hell" feel to it.

As an ensemble, the collection (painstakingly designed to be worn all at once), is ridiculously silly.

Layers are a good idea considering the range of temperatures in Beijing at that time of year...but layers of puff on puff on puff?

You couldn't help but look like Terence...

spacer.png

I've often thought that Canada was always over-represented at these events, in numbers bloated by unnecessary management, bureaucrats, and hanger-ons...

(many are there, on nothing more than a taxpayer-funded holiday)....And now our bloated presence will look even more bloated.

If each competitor wears the full monty, I hope that the Canuck committee has phoned ahead to reserve 2 seats per athlete so they can watch the opening ceremonies after the march-in, in their poofy splendour, comfortably.... Jaysus.

@monkeypoweralso mentioned that hopefully, the marchers won't be wearing the full package. I hope you're right mp.

BUT... lululemon has slapped down some major coin to showcase their "progressive" designery, and they've put a ton of resources and effort into the element of wearing everything at once... WHY?...I don't know... I'd need a big-ass truck just to have enough room to slide in behind the wheel decked out in this crap.

(Actually, the scarf could work in our visits to the local rink with its cold, hard bench-seats. Every member of my family would have a cushion to sit on).

Wearing a weeks worth of clothing all at once seems to be lulu's "WOW" factor.......wow.

For its investment, I think that lulu would demand at least, that a large number of the athletes wear the whole she-bang at the opening.

They'll wear the full outfit, and they'll march in to the stadium looking like a bunch of crimson circus clowns,

and our competition will be shaking in their snow-boots...and not from fear or the cold.

I guess if you decide to partner with lululemon, this is what you should expect;

Something more suitable for a winter runway in Paris (Ontario), than on the backs of our athletes.

Ya nailed it.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:49 AM, sparkychewbarky said:

Sorry to disappoint you but the only way Tavares will be strolling down Olympic Village in that is if he purchases it himself and sneaks into Beijing.  Auston Matthews on the other hand is probably trying to defect to the Canadian team as we speak so he can be seen rolling around in another ridiculous coat.

As for the design itself, it really feels like they're trying to appeal to the fashion you see on a lot of the young Chinese immigrants here in Canada.

Archived