Celtics Fauxback Court

johnrafael

I've been amazed with Kodrinsky work since he started his amazing NBA Court Database. His work is nothing more than awesome. One day, I asked him: So, working at this level of detail is pretty awesome, you textures are crazy good. And he said apart the textures, all the rest was vector. From that day, I decided to develop my own vector basketball template. Started by tracing the floor lines and searching around for textures. Looked around rulebooks to make sure no line would be outside a place.  When I had all the court ready, and five different floors, I felt it needed more detailing. So I added the lights and the basket from other templates. Lights are from Darth Brooks PSD template. For the baskets, I need to do a mea culpa. I honestly can't remember from where they came. I know they're used at NABA in the Fantasy Sports sector, but I honestly don't remember where I got it, and this is the first reason why I'm unable to share this. If the original owners ask me to remove it, I'm completely okay with this.

For testing this template, I decided to try a concept. But what would I made? All the nice things I'd like to do were already made by both Kodrinsky and TheRealPepman. Then I thought: Kodrinsky made a lot of old courts. Pep is doing entirely new courts. What If I did a Fauxback? Not turning into a series, just want C+C on the court template itself.

eYsWfV4.png

Well, a Fauxback court for Celtics. Seems to be difficult change something in the TD Garden parquet. So I thought. It's a fauxback, let's have false retro logos. TD in TD Garden logo stands for Toronto-Dominion Bank. And I found this nice 5 Canadian Dollars bill while searching for any sort of retro logo for TDBank.  I thought about having Toronto-Dominion Garden. But wouldn't make sense to have "Toronto" written in a Boston Court. So I decided to go "Fake Victorian" in name. TDGarden was renamed to "The Dominion Bank Gardens". Ultra Poshy, if you want my opinion.

KgC5EKT.png

For the center logo, I tried to find a vector version of 1960 logo, but no luck, so I decided to go with that monocromatic version of the current logo. This also explains the color I chose for the court, that is much more paler than current green. The 50's fauxback logo is in the 3-point zones. NBA logo is my poor rendition of the 1962 logo, and the Red Auerbach signature in the opposite side completes the court. No sponsors inside and obviously no social media. Isn't this supposed to be retro?

And well, that's it. Would love some comments, especially on the court and how could I make it better. 

1HzYDY5.png

Archived