The College Hockey Thread

Bmac

Sun Devil baseball inspired uni and Mullett Arena inaugural season patch.

• Like 4

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Sun Devils introduce another new uniform to their assortment, and it looks really friggin' cool;

FlMKP64akAE5i-l?format=jpg&name=large

spacer.png

They've seen how every new uniform release includes a fire emoji, so I guess they just cut to the chase.

Jokes aside, I don't mind the design on the sleeves, but there's too much going on with the rest of the uniform. The numbers should be a solid colour, and the pants should be maroon. There's way too much yellow on the bottom half of the uniform.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Looks like the Gophers might be releasing some new sweaters? I guess I’ll hold my thoughts until I see them, because I love the current white sweater for the Gophs. But hopefully there’s a gold third here with a maroon shoulder yoke, just like the Casey Mittelstadt-era gold alts. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 9/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Looks like the Gophers might be releasing some new sweaters? I guess I’ll hold my thoughts until I see them, because I love the current white sweater for the Gophs. But hopefully there’s a gold third here with a maroon shoulder yoke, just like the Casey Mittelstadt-era gold alts. 

Hmm see a potential set that's too close to UMD.

4 hours ago, SCL said:

Hmm see a potential set that's too close to UMD.

Yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking. Although ironically the Gophers used that striping style first…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

This is a good look for the Gophs. I really loved the previous home sweaters, but didn’t really care for the road and gold alternates. These are pretty nice all around, and really puts the gold in Golden Gophers on the road. And I love the fact the Goldy is making his debut as the main crest for the first time for the Men’s team! Such a fun logo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

F72cTV8WsAA31rA?format=jpg&name=large

Love old school hockey Goldy.

White is a neutral change but the maroon is a huge improvement with the addition of signifanctly more gold. Old school skating goldy on the alternate is terrific and going to sell in insane numbers.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SCL said:

White is a neutral change but the maroon is a huge improvement with the addition of signifanctly more gold. Old school skating goldy on the alternate is terrific and going to sell in insane numbers.

Thinking back, the overall design of Gophers’ primary set has been stable since 2006–mostly evolutionary changes with the striping that the average fan might not notice. But I agree the maroon’s an improvement. With the gold shoulder yoke and lids, I think the maroon set would look even better with gold socks. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

University of Denver new New Balance set:

https://letsgodu.com/2023/09/03/du-mens-hockey-launches-uniform-new-denver-arch-for-2023/

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a fan of the san serif lettering and modern number font. I wish they would have matched the fonts to the new logo on the shoulder. I do like the brighter red that DU went with when they rebranded. 

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 5:09 PM, logo-maker said:

University of Denver new New Balance set:

https://letsgodu.com/2023/09/03/du-mens-hockey-launches-uniform-new-denver-arch-for-2023/

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a fan of the san serif lettering and modern number font. I wish they would have matched the fonts to the new logo on the shoulder. I do like the brighter red that DU went with when they rebranded. 

I wonder if that font is a generic New Balance font, used in the same way that UMass Lowell uses a generic Under Armour font.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 12/30/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ridleylash said:

Sun Devils introduce another new uniform to their assortment, and it looks really friggin' cool;

FlMKP64akAE5i-l?format=jpg&name=large

spacer.png

I'd love the idea if Adidas used this creative idea for the NHL All-Star Games in the future.

4kv29i.jpg