Introducing the Coachella Valley Firebirds

TaylorMade

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly how minor league logos should be designed. Not too much of a copy of the original, but a clear reference, and a link, and look like they're in the same family of logos. I can't express enough how much I love this identity. I wish more minor leagues would design like this, with the new team deigned by the same designer with the same vision as the original.

tinysig.jpg

The more I look at it the more I like it. It’s like a cross between a phoenix and the rebel insignia.

I kind of hope the sweaters are red and not blue. Selfishly a blue sweater might feel too similar to my kraken sweater. But I really hope they keep the Kraken striping patterns and name/number fonts.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 11/5/2021 at 4:32 PM, monkeypower said:

I'm sure you did. It's just that firebird head so much reminds me of something I have seen before, but I just can't place it and it's annoying me.

I'm not sure if you guys are being facetious, or are all REALLY that young, but that logo was clearly inspired by/ripped off of the various old Pontiac FIREBIRD Trans Am hood logos:
DSC_0266-scaled.jpg

394e273b1fdd9b8327bea63119b803d9.jpg

79_cameo_whitered.jpg

80676.JPG

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, B-Rich said:

I'm not sure if you guys are being facetious, or are all REALLY that young, but that logo was clearly inspired by/ripped off of the various old Pontiac FIREBIRD Trans Am hood logos:
DSC_0266-scaled.jpg

394e273b1fdd9b8327bea63119b803d9.jpg

79_cameo_whitered.jpg

80676.JPG

Well as the designer of the logos, I can tell you I did absolutely everything I could to AVOID the trans am design, and have been *waiting* for this comparison to come out. I knew there would be people who would make this jump, and it was one of the things I cautioned the team about early on, both with the name and with the sketch directions. 

So no, the trans am had absolutely nothing to do with this design, other than us expecting people to say exactly this.

OD_Signature.jpg

On 11/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, Jake3roo said:

This is exactly how minor league logos should be designed. Not too much of a copy of the original, but a clear reference, and a link, and look like they're in the same family of logos. I can't express enough how much I love this identity. I wish more minor leagues would design like this, with the new team deigned by the same designer with the same vision as the original.

But that’d put Brandiose out of work! 

That’s a good thing, BTW.

5 hours ago, B-Rich said:

DSC_0266-scaled.jpg

No it's not that and it's not the body of the bird, it's strictly the head where I am seeing something. I can't for the life of me figure out why the head seems so familiar.

I can honestly say that I have never seen that car hood logo before.

IbjBaeE.png

9 hours ago, gordie_delini said:

Well as the designer of the logos, I can tell you I did absolutely everything I could to AVOID the trans am design, and have been *waiting* for this comparison to come out. I knew there would be people who would make this jump, and it was one of the things I cautioned the team about early on, both with the name and with the sketch directions. 

So no, the trans am had absolutely nothing to do with this design, other than us expecting people to say exactly this.

I mean... the shape of the logos are extremely similar, you can't deny that. The basic shape of the wings on both sides, flared tail to the bottom, head turned to the side, fire breathing. You may have tried to distance yourself from any of the specific details and stuff like head and flame shape as much as possible but you could slap that hockey logo on the hood of a 79 Trans Am and no one would bat an eye cause in the end, it basically looks like a different interpretation of the same thing

With that being said, I'm a huge GM fanboy and own a Pontiac Firebird myself (4th gen though, so no chicken on the hood cause it looks corny on anything other than a 2nd gen or maybe on a 3rd gen if you really want the "I have a sick mullet and live in a trailer park" look lol) so obviously I love the logo and the colours look great! No offense meant (except to 4th gen owners who put a fire chicken decal on the hood of their car)

• 2 months later...

Better actual photos should be released later today.  Here's some screengrabs.

gGXUfkJ.png

77WzvHD.png

p77ovkz.png

P8qmHNg.png

z5IwwDR.png

7kR5VP7.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived