Introducing the Coachella Valley Firebirds

TaylorMade

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

They look cool, but I wish they had gone all the way with the inverted look of their parent club and went with red as the main color. 

Meh, I don't necessarily agree. They're likely going to be in the Pacific with the rest of the Cali teams, which also means that the Eagles can move to the Central.  And Stockton is plenty red for that division.

Besides, it's a cohesive look with their major-league parent club, which is important for minor-league affiliates.

20 hours ago, CS85 said:

Better actual photos should be released later today.  Here's some screengrabs.

gGXUfkJ.png

77WzvHD.png

p77ovkz.png

P8qmHNg.png

z5IwwDR.png

7kR5VP7.png

I wonder if CCM is changing the collars on their newest jersey templates for next season. The ones, pictured above, look more like the Reebok v-neck and less like the bulky current collars.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

1 hour ago, logo-maker said:

I wonder if CCM is changing the collars on their newest jersey templates for next season. The ones, pictured above, look more like the Reebok v-neck and less like the bulky current collars.

They are not. Those are replicas produced for the unveiling and are not representative of the final jersey designs. The renderings on my website are much closer to the final product: briangundell.com/firebirds

OD_Signature.jpg

Is it weird I wished the white jersey didn’t have the blue background on the logo? That or make the blue logo circular or just a thin outline around the bird. Anyway I don’t think I’ll buy one yet because I already own a blue Kraken jersey and I don’t like the overall look of the white jersey. I may have to wait for a red alternate.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 1/24/2022 at 4:43 PM, CS85 said:

nKIPn56.png

65fVcF7.png

It's strange that the white jersey doesn't have the red at the bottom of the hem stripe. It's literally the only deviation from the Kraken template on either jersey.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:40 AM, spartacat_12 said:

It's strange that the white jersey doesn't have the red at the bottom of the hem stripe. It's literally the only deviation from the Kraken template on either jersey.

Additionally, there is no red around the collar on the white jersey, as it is replaced by blue instead.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:14 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I somehow like the main logo better on the actual jersey.

Whoa the real collars are waaay better than on those CCM jerseys for sale

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, TenaciousG said:

Whoa the real collars are waaay better than on those CCM jerseys for sale

Indeed, although I do still wish the white jersey had been kept consistent via insertion of red instead of blue beside orange around the collar, plus a red swatch probably should have been placed upon the bottom hem. Then, both versions would have had the same red color blocking bookends.

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Oof.

spacer.png

logo.png

Considering "Firebird" is on the level of generic-ness as "Wildcat" or "Warriors," you can pack up your hard-effort oof post and go to bed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

17 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Oof.

spacer.png

logo.png

7 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Considering "Firebird" is on the level of generic-ness as "Wildcat" or "Warriors," you can pack up your hard-effort oof post and go to bed.

Also, like...that's not so much "ripping off" as much as it means both are probably based on the same thing; heraldic phoenixes.

spacer.png

Archived