Tennessee Vols Football Unis vs. UNLV

Jaybird

I am watching the Tennessee-UNLV football game on ESPN, and I noticed that the Tennessee Volunteers are wearing white jerseys with orange shoulders and orange numbers trimmed in black. Also, the helmets have a smaller stripe than usual. I remembered seeing a picture of 1970's UT Quarterback Condredge Holloway (Played for the Toronto Argonauts) wearing this style of jersey. Is this a one game special uniform or will this be the Vols' road uniforms for this season?

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Wanted it to become the new road, but the SEC and NCAA determined that it had too much color on the shoulders to be used as a regular white. Coach Fulmer talked about it on the call-in show Monday night. The seniors asked that the change be made, but the SEC denied the petition. They granted a special waiver for this one occasion.

We may not have seen the last of the throwback pants, however.

i don't follow college football, but i saw that game on tv the other night.... i though it was their new uniforms, and to me, it looked terrible...

those were some of the ugliest uniforms i've ever seen :) had me scared.

i don't follow college football, but i saw that game on tv the other night.... i though it was their new uniforms, and to me, it looked terrible...

those were some of the ugliest uniforms i've ever seen had me scared.

I have to disagree with you. I loved them, and I usually hate white jerseys. Very unique, and they reminded Vol fans of the Condredge Holloway era. Especially liked the orange yokes.

I think that it's ridiculous that the SEC won't approve the use of these jerseys for road games. Toledo has blue yokes on their unis, and yet, they are allowed to use them on the road.

Archived