Calgary Zoo rebrand/new logo

monkeypower

The Calgary Zoo announced yesterday that they were rebranding their Foundation and as part introduced a new logo for the foundation and the zoo proper. I was born in 1996 and I can't remember any other logo for the Zoo beside what it had been.

Old is on the top and new is on the bottom.

pM0bbrM.png

I don't know how much I am a fan of the grass and I wonder how it will look in different applications because the grass in the logo isn't white, it's negative space/whatever the background colour is (what's the term for that?).

Here's the logo for the new Foundation and the release taking about the Foundation change if anyone is interested in the ZooConservationSpeak (as opposed to NikeSpeak) about the rebranding of the Foundation.

TU6Jybo.png

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 5:15 AM, Cosmic said:

It would look fine for certain applications, but for it to be THE logo is awful. Imagine emroidering that on a polo?!

I never really thought about the embroidering in terms of different applications, I was thinking more about signage like this where it is just a blown up logo sign on brick, but yeah, embroidering is going to be tough. 

I know from working there this past summer that the four uniform pieces non-zookeeper staff get (two polos, a crewneck sweater and a hat) are all screen printed. The zookeepers do have embroidered uniforms and I'm sure there has to be some nicer embroidered stuff floating around out there for the higher ups/executives, but the majority of staff clothing isn't embroidered. The gift shop, which I honestly think is the most underwhelming thing about the Calgary Zoo, doesn't have any embroidered logo stuff anyways.

IbjBaeE.png

If they're smart, they have a version without the grass for embroidery and smaller applications. 

The grass looks pretty good on the logo in the original post but I wouldn't want to see the logo any smaller than that.  Still a solid upgrade.

Archived