Champs Sports gets a new logo

DCarp1231

I assume that the old logo was meant to be in the style of a sign that you might find on a stadium.  That logo was not a very good one;  but with this new logo, I don't even know what they are going for.

It seems to me that the obvious route that this store should go for would be to imitate the type of lettering on a team's uniform.  The store's name practically cries out for that sort of treatment.  And there are plenty of styles to choose from in that area, some cursive and some featuring other types of letterforms.

Another good way to go would to emphasise the initial, and to have a stylised C. 

Instead they use some strange wordmark that evokes, well, nothing.  Though the C is actually not bad, and would by itself make a better logo than the whole word.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

"WE KNOW GAME" feels like such a rip-off of the 90's EA Sports slogan. That makes since, because Champs always felt like a rip-off of other, more prominent sporting good stores like Dicks or Foot Locker.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 7:22 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I assume that the old logo was meant to be in the style of a sign that you might find on a stadium.  That logo was not a very good one;  but with this new logo, I don't even know what they are going for.

New logo reminds me of a college sports conference logo and/or a regional cable tv sports network logo.

Archived