NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Colorado Added

Rygi13

Now that I've wrapped up the B1G, I'll be working on some teams from other conferences. First up...

Arizona State Sun Devils - Desert Financial Arena

The Sun Devil's court prominently features the sun burst from the state's flag. The boundary ditches the wood stained finish and oddly spaced wordmark and replaces it with a maroon paint job that the sun burst motif and a normally spaced wordmark.
rybY7kk.jpg

• Like 6

Georgetown Hoyas - Captial One Arena

I love the Hoya's Kente pattern. The pattern is liberated from the lane and takes over the entire floor. Rather than staining or painting the pattern all over the court, I went for a more subtle effect. The pattern is painted on the court with a less glossy finish than the rest of the court catching the light differently.

The 'G' at midcourt changes from gray to a bolder blue, while the lanes sub the gray and blue kente pattern for a more subtle tonal look. Finally the baseline text is changed from a generic font to the official wordmark.

LSLfssy.jpg

• Like 4

Oklahoma State Cowboys/Cowgirls - Gallagher-Iba Arena

The Cowboys and Cowgirls' new floor features the popular paisley pattern used by the OSU football team. The wood panels that make up the court come together at a slight angle mirroring the tilt of the "OSU" lockup.

The sidelines and restricted arc are accented in orange and the current wordmark is replaced with the team's new western style wordmark.

wDXRyyn.jpg

• Like 6

Temple Owls - Liacouras Center

The Owls have embrace the diamond motif in their uniforms and around campus. A modified parquet flooring pattern creates a diamond effect across the court. The court is outlined in a white and cherry stripe similar to their "T" logo. The "T" is liberated from the circle it is set in today and stands on its own (the white inlay may be against brand guidelines but it looks good). Finally the same diamond pattern from their uniforms runs baseline to baseline.

Lwad06P.jpg

• Like 4

Kentucky Wildcats - Rupp Arena

The wildcats embrace the checkerboard pattern in the form of a parquet floor with smaller squares than the traditional parquet court. The Wildcats use a tonal checkerboard today around the court, however I think it is too subtle and doesn't translate well on tv. A small checkerboard pattern is added to the sidelines in front of the scorers table.

nVr4VLC.jpg

• Like 4

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - McCamish Pavilion

I'll admit it, this one is a little out there.  The Ramblin' Wreck's court features a honeycomb parquet pattern and two large 'stingers' that spill onto the playing surface (similar to those on the teams football uniforms). The stingers and other gold logos and wordmarks on the court are finished with a metallic gold paint that sparkle in the light.

Z3GZKfX.jpg

• Like 4

Brown Bears - Pizzitola Sports Center

The Bears' new court doesn't change much between the lines. The boundary is marked with red, an accent color used on Brown's uniforms. The sidelines are stained brown with a brick pattern painted on top, a nod to the campus, and corners are covered in the ivy from the team's logo. Finally, the generic baseline wordmarks are replaced with the official wordmarks. I've also made the executive decision that the 'new' Ivy League logo will go in the lane, rather than the old logo's placement.

KrorroT.jpg

• Like 5

Davidson Wildcats - John M. Belk Arena

Davidson's current court is quite quirky. Their new floor takes on a more traditional approach with their team name moving from midcourt to baseline. The Wildcat in a diamond logo gets a bit bigger and the diamond motif extends to the diamond parquet pattern. Lastly, three claws...  whiskers? accent the sidelines mirroring that of Davidson's 'D' logo.

QOnS6UB.jpg

• Like 4

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - Davidson Added