NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Colorado Added

Rygi13

UW Milwaukee Panthers - UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena

Thanks to @NicDB's suggestion, Milwaukee's new court remixes the classic MECCA court. MECCA, now UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, used to host the Bucks and featured the iconic Robert Indiana designed court. The color pallet is updated to match the that of the panthers. I couldn't decide on which floor I liked better (I think it's the first), so here are two!

l68RRxc.jpgvhNqjZI.jpg

• Like 8

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Milwaukee and Marquette Added
Just now, jaytavo305 said:

That UWM option 1 is something else man.... 🔥 love Marquette too, I've always loved that double blue and yellow. 

You think we could get a Jersey school, maybe Rutgers and/or Seton Hall? Both are kind of standard with their designs, but I'd like to see if you can think of something out of the box for them. I think Seton Hall gives you a little more freedom to play around with. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Green Bay court. The "feathered" wood is a great idea. I know that you're using the school's interlocking GB but that beveling is so awkward. I wonder what it would look like as just a standard fill/stroke combo. Nonetheless still a very good design.

You've done Penn State and Temple but I'd love to see what you had for the other City 6 schools and Pitt. Can't wait to see what you've got in store

• Like 1

Vanderbilt Commodores - Memorial Gymnasium

Vandy's unique gym has a unique court. I've moved moved the wordmarks from the sidelines to their traditional home on the baselines. I thought they may get covered up by the baseline benches, but they're far enough away that it is not an issue. Speaking of benches, their unusual position is the inspiration for the sideline-to-sideline wood pattern, also flipped 90° from usual. The Star V at center court is outlined in a reflective gold paint. The Commodore's chain and anchor motif makes up the half court line and draws the eye towards the "Anchor Down" motto on the sideline. Lastly, the sidelines are adorned with a series of stars in a subtle tonal matte finish

5q2eW4Q.jpg

• Like 7

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Vanderbilt Added

LSU Tigers - Pete Maravich Assembly Center

The Tiger Eye takes over the hardwood. LSU's current court has A LOT going on, their new court is a more subdued but just as fierce. The stained tiger head gets replaced with the Tiger Eye from death valley an iconic symbol of the university. No need for the LSU wordmark at midcourt so it moves to the baseline and joins "Tigers"

CinRx2i.jpg

• Like 2

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - LSU & Vanderbilt Added

Really like the last two. The idea of Vandy's flipped hardwood is super unique. I think LSU could use some sort of wordmark running up the sidelines. Pete Maravich is important to the program so the arena name might work on the top sideline like the current court. The sidelines just seem a little plain. Another good batch

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, Rygi13 said:

Vanderbilt Commodores - Memorial Gymnasium

Vandy's unique gym has a unique court. I've moved moved the wordmarks from the sidelines to their traditional home on the baselines. I thought they may get covered up by the baseline benches, but they're far enough away that it is not an issue. Speaking of benches, their unusual position is the inspiration for the sideline-to-sideline wood pattern, also flipped 90° from usual. The Star V at center court is outlined in a reflective gold paint. The Commodore's chain and anchor motif makes up the half court line and draws the eye towards the "Anchor Down" motto on the sideline. Lastly, the sidelines are adorned with a series of stars in a subtle tonal matte finish

5q2eW4Q.jpg

Updated with Vandy's new Identity.
qvnDdKS.jpg

• Like 2

Seton Hall Pirates - Prudential Center

The Pirate's court blends the past and present. The baseline wordmark uses the classic "Seton Hall" script. The stain features a lighter key and three point arc (inspired by the march madness courts), opposite of their current court (I personally think the darker three point area just looks wrong). The lighter/ white stain extends onto the sidelines, while the baselines are finished in blue with striping to match the outlines on the center court pirate logo.2BxfkTs.jpg

• Like 2

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Seton Hall Added & Vanderbilt Updated

UCF Knights - Addition Financial Arena

The Knight's of UCF make a splash joining the Big 12 with 3 court designs. The Knight's have three options of midcourt logos they can switch out and three different options of checkin area decals (it's not on the playing surface so a slippery decal should be okay). UCF has a history of wacky court designs (blacktop, rollercoaster) so their new court can't be too tame.

Inspired by UCF's connection to the Space Program the baseline features an abstract nebula design highlighted by the blue color often used in their space themed uniforms. UCF actually has a splash of blue on their court today in the arena's logo, despite it being a corporate logo, I really like the way it accents the court so I found a way to keep it!

nKzR9gP.png

Jye50ck.png

zV1MsUL.png

• Like 2

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - UCF & Seton Hall Added
  • Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - St Mary's & UCF Added

Oregon Ducks - Matthew Knight Arena

Oregon is always on the cutting edge of uniform design, for better or for worse. Their new court is no different. The boundaries and lanes are finished with an iridescent paint (similar to this football helmet) that's refractions create a unique look for each spectator. The "O" logo and "Oregon" wordmarks are finished in the Green Apple color that the school has been using much more. When the lights go out, for the starting lineups, the court glows-in-the-dark revealing a flying duck pattern centered at mid court and illuminating the logos on the court.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a6656ffe5edc663f68

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Oregon Added

Villanova Wildcats - William B. Finneran Pavilion & Wells Fargo Center

While I love Villanova's current, extremely simple, court, their new design pulls inspiration from their logo. The wood is laid at the same angle of the midcourt "V" logo, opposite of the Raptors alternate court. The boundaries are now painted navy with a light blue stripe running around the court. A "Villanova" wordmark sits at the top of the court on each baseline.

KBzMyM8.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Rygi13 changed the title to NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Oregon, Villanova, Richmond Added

Notre Dame - Purcell Pavillion

The Irish take a page out of the Celtics' playbook, incorporating a parquet court. Notre Dame's parquet is a diamond shape meant to evoke the diamond pattern on the university's Golden Dome. A subtle tonal diamond pattern is allow found on the Navy boundary and midcourt logo. The gold accents of the court are finished with gold leaf which should bring a brilliant pop to the court, just as their helmets bring to the field.

92BUEDj.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1