NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Colorado Added

Rygi13

For this series, I plan on redesigning all of the basketball courts in the B1G while drawing some inspiration from the boundary-pushing NBA courts of recent years that have introduced unique wood patterns (Grizzlies, Nets, Hornets).

Indiana Hoosiers - Assembly Hall

The Hoosiers replace their standard wood pattern for a candy striped chevron pattern while maintaining the classic paint scheme.

2MCOXpu.jpg

Rutgers Scarlet Knights - "The RAC"
The State University of New Jersey blends past and present by bringing back the parquet pattern inside the three point lines. The baselines and sidelines are exaggerated, similar to the Raptors', and create a striping pattern that calls back to the piping of the 1983 team.PCa2UfT.jpg

• Like 6

Maryland Terrapins - Xfinity Center
The terps floor takes on a new floor patterned after the black and yellow quadrant of the state flag. The yellow portions of the flag are set at a 45°  angle and the black 180° the opposite direction. I think this ends up looking a bit like a turtle's shell. I've also removed the painted lanes to let the floor shine through.
r5ee3V0.jpg

• Like 9

Purdue Boilermakers - Mackey Arena

I've never loved Purdue's shade of gold, especially when painted on a court that is such a similar color. Initially, I'd designed this court to only use black paint letting the color of the wood stand in for gold. But I decided to upgrade Purdue's gold using a more eye catching metallic gold paint, similar to the football team's helmets. The boundary's are stained black rather than painted and a pair of train tracks run from baseline to baseline. I also played around with a "cow catcher" floor pattern, but I don't think it works.
NWnMasT.jpg

• Like 7

Minnesota Golden Gophers - "The Barn"

I've taken advantage of The Barn's large sidelines that  unlike other courts are not blocked by fans to create a 3D effect that exaggerates the arena's elevated playing surface. This is a similar effect to the raptors old baseline wordmark. The wood on the Gophers' court is a wide chevron pattern meant to evoke the water of the states 10,000 lakes.ks0Iabb.jpg

• Like 5

Michigan Wolverines - Crisler Center

The winged helmet comes to the hardwood. Michigan's iconic winged helmet has become an iconic symbol of the university and is used for multiple sports (baseball, field hockeyhockey, lacrosse). So why not basketball? The mid-court block 'M' changes from blue to maize. It just feels right in a way the blue 'M' never has. The court is outlined in blue with a subtle "Michigan Pattern" that the Wolverines have been using since their switch to the Jumpman. Finally the maize lanes return from the Fab 5 era.  In arena Mockup ]

eS8u5no.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

These are all spectacular. The template is so clean, the lights are a great touch and your designs are pushing the boundaries just enough to make each court interesting but not out of this world crazy.

I definitely agree with @CFBJunkie that this should be turned into an entire series. At least the Power 5 conferences.

• Like 1

Iowa Hawkeyes - Carver-Hawkeye Arena

The new Hawkeyes court takes inspiration from the team's history. The wordmarks that straddle the baseline and sideline come from the court used between at least 1987 and 1993, so do the yellow lanes. The  parquet court is carried over from the team's current floor, as is the Tiger-Hawk at mid court. The middle of the floor remains unpainted, similar to the court from 1983. Finally, the America Needs Farmers logo is situated on the sideline above midcourt.

KDY6amk.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, Rygi13 said:

Minnesota Golden Gophers - "The Barn"

I've taken advantage of The Barn's large sidelines that  unlike other courts are not blocked by fans to create a 3D effect that exaggerates the arena's elevated playing surface. This is a similar effect to the raptors old baseline wordmark. The wood on the Gophers' court is a wide chevron pattern meant to evoke the water of the states 10,000 lakes.ks0Iabb.jpg

On the Raptors court, how the hell does that work? It's messing with my brain so bad.

Also love these concepts, as a B1G watcher I would enjoy seeing these in real life

• Like 1

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Illinois Fighting Illini - State Farm Center

I'm a pretty big fan of Illinois' current court, so I had a tough time tying to improve on it. The Illini receive a slight tweak to the wood stain, and gone are the painted lanes. The text on the sidelines and baselines flip from blue to white. Finally a subtle pattern inspired by the excommunicated Cheif Iliniwek's head dress stretches across the boundary. 

ex1UsWm.jpg

• Like 2