NCAA Basketball Court Redesigns - Colorado Added

Rygi13

Depaul Blue Demons - Wintrust Arena

The nation's largest Catholic university adds a splash of color to their court. The boundaries replace black paint for a black stained finish. A swoosh of blue and red split the court, their shape coming from the Blue Demon's logo. The midcourt logo is replaced with Depaul's simpler logo and finally centered with the half-court line! The baseline wordmarks now match and the monochrome Chicago flag accents the bottom of the court, replacing the gaudy skyline graphic.

a2GqYMN.jpg

• Like 4

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - Depaul Added

Ole Miss Rebels - Pavillion at Ole Miss

Mississippi's  court gets rid of its weird lanes for a more traditional paint job in powder blue. While Ole Miss' current uniforms don't feature much of the powder blue, the court should provide some nice contrast. The boundaries sub navy for red for a more vibrant finish to the court. To make the Pavillion a bit more inviting the Rebels wordmarks on the baseline are replaced with the the state's name.

cUlYK5K.jpg

• Like 2

Butler Bulldogs - Hinkle Field House

Butler's new court is inspired by the history of their historic field house. The vertical wood pattern matches that of the original court which ran perpendicular to it's current orientation. The court was turned 90 degrees to reduce the impact of the windows behind the baskets and to add more seating. Butler's current court has some interesting vertical lines throughout the court that give it a bit of charm, I've expanded on this and added some "pin stripes" of horizontally laid wood to add some visual interest to the floor. The new court gets rid of the painted boundary for a more traditional look and the dog in a circle logo returns to midcourt.

nXMeGyq.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - Butler & Ole Miss Added

Butler looks incredible. Exactly what you'd want at such an historic place. I really like the thought behind the angle of the red and blue in Depaul's sidelines. For Ole Miss, I actually think the state outline would work really well with the court you have already. Another solid batch.

• Like 1

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - USC & Kansas State Added
50 minutes ago, MDTrey4 said:

Butler looks incredible. Exactly what you'd want at such an historic place. I really like the thought behind the angle of the red and blue in Depaul's sidelines. For Ole Miss, I actually think the state outline would work really well with the court you have already. Another solid batch.

In this series I am trying to avoid large stained graphics on the court, like Ole Miss uses today. But I agree, this looks great with the State on the court, similar to Indiana and UNC's painted states!0dfaFUY.jpg

• Like 2

Love the patchwork as you call it for USC, super unique. As a die-hard KU fan growing up, the one thing I remember about K-State's court is that the paint is actually an octagon for some reason. Very small detail but could be fun for a more authentic look.  The Ole Miss update looks great, the white and blue really pop on that floor. Just curious but why are you avoiding the stained wood look that's so popular now?

• Like 1

Air Force Falcons - Clune Arena

Air Force's new floor gets a shocking lightning bolt floor pattern. A series of lightning bolts break up the court into floor panels that alternate direction. The Bolt motif spills into the boundary and lane with a  series of tonal lightning bolts coming to a point at midcourt.

iuYIGid.jpg

• Like 5

Providence Friars - The Dunkin' Donuts Center

The friars bring a little bit of campus to The Dunk. The new floor features a diamond pattern inspired by the tiles of St. Dominic Chapel  on Providence's campus. The lanes are stained grey and the Providence wordmark pokes out onto the playing surface. I've never liked how the wordmark looks on the baseline. It seems too small and pushed back.

cfqNyTP.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - Providence & Air Force Added

Kansas Jayhawks - Allen Fieldhouse

The Jayhawks play in one of College Basketball's most iconic venues, this court pulls inspiration from their previous home. The court is laid sideline to sideline and the sidelines take on the dashed look of Hoch Auditorium. The Dashed lines are also a nod to Kansas' 1952, national championship winning, uniforms that featured striped short panels. The massive "Kansas Jayhawks" wordmark on the playing surface is moved to the baseline, while "James Naismith Court" and "Allen Fieldhouse" move to the sidelines.

kxT4csA.jpg

• Like 6

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - Kansas & Providence Added

Stanford Cardinal - Stanford Maples Pavilion

The Cardinal's new court is inspired by the giant Redwoods, the tree in the school's logo. The wood paneling on the court is wider than normal and has a red stain both a nod to the size and color of the California Redwoods. The boundaries are stained rather than painted in cardinal to highlight the wood pattern of the court.

LKTPwyV.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - Stanford Added

Alabama Crimson Tide - Coleman Coliseum

The Crimson Tide adopt the houndstooth pattern worn by Alabama's former football coach Bear Bryant. The wood floor panels are pieced together in the houndstooth pattern with alternating finishes that catch and reflect the light differently. The pattern extends into the boundary in a subtle tonal finish that again catches the light differently than the base coat of paint.

T1cIM5R.jpg

• Like 4

UIC Flames - Credit Union 1 Arena

UIC has one of the wildest courts in college basketball today. For their redesign, I wanted to keep some of the craziness but clean up the playing surface. The new floor is finished to mimic the look of wood thats been charred by flames, while the boundary takes on an abstract flame design rendered in red and blue. Finally the 6 point stars of the chicago flag flank the "Flames" wordmarks on each baseline. I'd originally designed the baselines to feature the vertical lettering of the Chicago Theater's marquee, but decided to change direction.

zGHvz37.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to Big Ten (and other NCAA) Court Redesigns - UIC and Alabama Added
On 1/4/2022 at 7:20 PM, Rygi13 said:

Providence Friars - The Dunkin' Donuts Center

The friars bring a little bit of campus to The Dunk. The new floor features a diamond pattern inspired by the tiles of St. Dominic Chapel  on Providence's campus. The lanes are stained grey and the Providence wordmark pokes out onto the playing surface. I've never liked how the wordmark looks on the baseline. It seems too small and pushed back.

cfqNyTP.jpg

Would the P sticking out meet court regulations? I have no idea myself just curious because it seems like it'd be easy to mix up the baseline for the referees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

Would the P sticking out meet court regulations? I have no idea myself just curious because it seems like it'd be easy to mix up the baseline for the referees.

I think as long as there is a separation between the baseline and playing surface it should be good. Which is why I included this break. 
60zrnCe.png

• Like 2