USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

10 hours ago, LogoFan said:

The helmets don't appear to be metallic and their "gold" looks more like a weird butter color than gold.  

I would prefer a true metallic gold for Birmingham, but with Michigan's  helmet more gold than champagne, and with Philly also in the league, having 3 gold helmets would have been an issue.  I am ok with the butter yellow Stallions also because the pants would not be metallic, so the helmets match the pants pretty well.  Looking forward to today's games to see the rest of the league in action.  Hoping the Houston pants are more grey and less blue than the original photos seemed to show.  

Honestly just glad I don't have to resort to watching Cornhole, Axe Throwing, Golf, or NBA playoffs this spring.  USFL, MLS, and the end of the EPL season are my fix until the NFL starts up again. 

Overall the uniforms and helmets looked good I’d say. I surely did dig the dark blue and gold colors they used on the scoreboard, time graphic for Generals. I wouldn’t mind seeing them shift to that color scheme at some point if the league sticks around…it would certainly give a little more color diversity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

Overall the uniforms and helmets looked good I’d say. I surely did dig the dark blue and gold colors they used on the scoreboard, time graphic for Generals. I wouldn’t mind seeing them shift to that color scheme at some point if the league sticks around…it would certainly give a little more color diversity.

A red home and blue away would be a neat way to step away from white jerseys as the default away color. Wouldn't want that for all of them, but it could work for New Jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, See Red said:

The aesthetic of this league is great. Really liking all of the uniforms we've seen, especially Michigan. 

This is a really nice looking game. It's like if you took the colors of the 90s but the design aesthetics of the 60a. And the fonts of the 2000s.

Michigan looks amazing though, and I never thought I'd pull a BBTV, but these guys need to tuck their shirts in.

EDIT: Just saw a wide shot of the stadium. What's going on with the local promotions team? Yikes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is a really nice looking game. It's like if you took the colors of the 90s but the design aesthetics of the 60a. And the fonts of the 2000s.

Michigan looks amazing though, and I never thought I'd pull a BBTV, but these guys need to tuck their shirts in.

EDIT: Just saw a wide shot of the stadium. What's going on with the local promotions team? Yikes.

Weather aside, it’s unrealistic to expect one city to support eight teams, seven of which represent other cities.  While this crowd is paltry, I’d have to suspect that the league didn’t expect big crowds using this one-host-city model. It’s a made-for-TV league.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Weather aside, it’s unrealistic to expect one city to support eight teams, seven of which represent other cities.  While this crowd is paltry, I’d have to suspect that the league didn’t expect big crowds using this one-host-city model. It’s a made-for-TV LEAGUE.

That may be true but it's $10 for three games and it's general admission for most of the stadium (only by the 50 is premium). So it's a great deal to spend a day. 

But rain AND Easter definitely limits any walk up sales. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I liked the Breakers helmets in pictures, but not as much on the field. I’m not enjoying the big block of royal blue in the back of the helmet for some reason. 

Agreed.  Do you replace part of it with white so that it becomes another arch shape, or do something else with it?

Edit - how about a white circle in the middle with a player number in silver (if that's legible)?

Edited by Sec19Row53
Added thought
  • Like 1

It's where I sit.

This #BRUH moment brought to you by...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

48 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I liked the Breakers helmets in pictures, but not as much on the field. I’m not enjoying the big block of royal blue in the back of the helmet for some reason. 

The older Breakers had both better colors and a much better helmet.  That huge blue egg on the back of the helmet is not good.   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Agreed.  Do you replace part of it with white so that it becomes another arch shape, or do something else with it?

Edit - how about a white circle in the middle with a player number in silver (if that's legible)?

It’s probably just easier to have the wave rise from a lower point on the back of the helmet.

• Like 2

I think the Gamblers so far are my least favorite of the bunch. For one, I don't care for the mismatched side panels. And compared to the other teams, their jerseys feel way too plain. Every other set has some sort of small detail, whether it be basic sleeve stripes or secondary branding elements. The Gamblers have nothing other than the mismatched side panel. They could have easily been practice jerseys. 

I also found myself really enjoying the Generals uniforms way more than I expected. For being relatively simple, they still had a lot of character. I think adding the five-stars logo to the shoulders really helped. 

spacer.png

• Like 2