USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

5 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The Michigan Panthers might have the perfect football uniforms. 

That's what I said on reveal. They're really something.

The only thing holding them back is lots of dudes had their undershirts hanging out, and those undershirts weren't even the same color -- some gold, some burgundy. Even still, pretty sweet uniform with a very, very nice color scheme.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The Michigan Panthers might have the perfect football uniforms. 

I'd rather they use champagne instead of white on the sleeves, but they pretty much just went with their original uniforms and it still works out well with the current templates. 

spacer.png

These helmets look great from the side but horrible from the back. I think this, Philadelphia and Houston are fighting for the worst uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

All the uniforms look great, except for Houston's panels and Boston's New Orleans's helmets.

I like standard varsity numbers on football teams, and no team has them. Yet all teams have number fonts that are attractive and that are not gimmicky.  The most unorthodox numbers are Philadelphia's. They are excellent, similar to the Bears' numbers.

I'd say that the team that looks best from top to bottom is Birmingham. I was worred about their helmet, as it strayed farthest from the original. But I needn't have worried, as the helmet in action looks better than the original one.

Overall this league looks beautiful.

• Like 4

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Why do so many people dislike red and yellow together as uniform colors? Been comments like this my whole life. Whether it was about the old Houston Rockets and Atlanta Hawks, or a little league baseball team. I just don't get. I think the Star looked good today, and that most red and yellow team uniforms also look good.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Why do so many people dislike red and yellow together as uniform colors? Been comments like this my whole life. Whether it was about the old Houston Rockets and Atlanta Hawks, or a little league baseball team. I just don't get. I think the Star looked good today, and that most red and yellow team uniforms also look good.

Red and yellow looks fine.  Maybe some don't like it because it reminds them of McDonalds?  I will say that the tire tread strip down the sides and especially the helmet is kinda weird on the Stars.

10 hours ago, M4One said:

Red and yellow looks fine.  Maybe some don't like it because it reminds them of McDonalds?  I will say that the tire tread strip down the sides and especially the helmet is kinda weird on the Stars.

They remind me of the mid-80s Iowas State Cyclones.  I really like it.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 5:03 PM, AndrewG70 said:

The Breakers' sleeve graphics look like Donald Trump's hairline.

They're gonna build a wall, and it's gonna be a beautiful wall 🧱

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Just a side note on some observations of what we've seen on-field simce the initial uni reveals:

• Stallions added gold pants instead of just white.  I still think the gold is too light and on tv often looks non-metallic...more like butter than gold.
  • Maulers changed to silver pants from white.  It was a needed move.  Still, too much bright orange and the purple is too bright.  The original Mauler's purple was darker and much better.
  • Didn't realize until last night the Stars' dashed-stripe is half red and half orange.  The helmets used in season are red in the front, orange in back.  I went back and looked at the reveal photos, and it was originally orange in front with red in the back.  Change-up also happens in the pants' stripe. While I love the yellow and red, I think some might like it better if the yellow was more standard gold-yellow and the red maybe a little bit darker.

These are 3 changes made since the initial reveal.  I haven't noticed any others unless I missed something.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Some of Tampa's players have tailored jerseys which ruins the ugly side panel look.

spacer.png

I noticed in the second week that some of the red jerseys didn't even have side panels, or partial panels, some on one side but not the other... The jersey looked better when they were missing. Don't need them.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Some of Tampa's players have tailored jerseys which ruins the ugly side panel look.

spacer.png

I'm guessing whomever trimmed these up weren't told to keep the dimensions of the striping centered. It's probably a lot more difficult to do that as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/24/2022 at 3:19 PM, Discrim said:

They're gonna build a wall, and it's gonna be a beautiful wall 🧱

Well, it’s New Orleans, so they actually did build a big beautiful levee to upgrade on the old one after Katrina. Did a fantastic job too - when they were hit with an even bigger hurricane years later, the damage was much, much less severe. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:55 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I'd rather they use champagne instead of white on the sleeves, but they pretty much just went with their original uniforms and it still works out well with the current templates. 

spacer.png

These helmets look great from the side but horrible from the back. I think this, Philadelphia and Houston are fighting for the worst uniforms. 

dark blue facemasks would help, but their look is darn good. 

• Like 3

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again