USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

Has anyone here ordered a USFL jersey through their store? If so, have you received it yet?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've come to dislike the Tampa Bay helmet. The vents on many models compete with the logo, muddying what it is. I think it would work better if the logo were a solid color (i.e., all filled in, one color, no glimpse of the helmet through the logo).

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I've come to dislike the Tampa Bay helmet. The vents on many models compete with the logo, muddying what it is. I think it would work better if the logo were a solid color (i.e., all filled in, one color, no glimpse of the helmet through the logo).

I agree. I have the same issue with the Panthers helmet. As great as it is, it would be even better if they filled made the panther head solid like the original. 

Also, on a separate topic, I've come around on the Pittsburgh Maulers look. It might feel lesser compared with some of the other designs, but I tend to think it's quite nice. I find myself drawn to them when they're on my TV. Admittedly, it could have something with the fact that it offers some variety in an otherwise red-heavy league, but I find myself enjoying the look. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:14 PM, Sodboy13 said:

And it's cheaper to buy them from the league's site. They suffer the same issues the AAF jerseys did. They aren't exact replicas of the game day jersey. At least with those mesh holes it's more comfortable to wear in Birmingham. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's okay, the Maulers soiled themselves in the final week to take that title, and their uniforms are no great shakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

How do you relocate a team that never actually played there? 

Will the Showboats actually play In Memphis? All signs are pointing to a second year for all teams in Birmingham 

Yeah, they'll just change the name and logos, it's not a requirement they actually play there in 2023. I'm sure they'll be able to use the Liberty Bowl when they finally put them in home stadiums.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That image that is too small, if it is some sort of speedboat, it's probably the neck decal on the jersey or the side decal on the shoulder.  The USFL tends to modernize old USFL logos for their helmets but not make any drastic changes to it, and I expect some sort of modernization of the old Memphis Showboats logo.  That logo, if it is a speed boat of some kind (too small to tell) would be a drastic change.  

• Like 1

I'm quite sure that it isn't a speedboat of any kind, as has already been mentioned, it's likely an update of the original logo as they have already done with the other teams.

And yea, we all understand that teams (except Birmingham) didn't play in their markets with the hub last season so mentioning that is getting a bit tiresome.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

I drilled down and was able to get a  bigger image.  It's not a speedboat, it's a steamer.  And it doesn't work at all for me other than as a secondary logo; it's not primary material.spacer.png

As a logo on the shoulder of the uniform or on the collar: 👍

As primary logo on helmet: 👎

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

As a logo on the shoulder of the uniform or on the collar: 👍

As primary logo on helmet: 👎

Thumbs down to both.

I don't know how fast steamboats actually traveled, but the last thing I think about when I see one is the boat flying down the river like a cigarette boat.  The last thing this logo needs to do is try to emphasize speed.

• Like 8

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃