USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

Not sure if anyone saw this already but they're actually rolling these out on the hour. Full schedule - https://www.foxsports.com/stories/usfl/usfl-uniforms

Tampa Bay Bandits, 10 a.m. ET

Houston Gamblers, 11 a.m. ET

New Jersey Generals, 12 p.m. ET

Michigan Panthers, 1 p.m. ET

New Orleans Breakers, 2 p.m. ET

Philadelphia Stars, 3 p.m. ET

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

How do the USFL jerseys looks better than most new Nike NFL reveals?

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Because they aren't the NFL and Nike trying to add meaning to every piece of flair added to the uniform.

Also because this whole league is pretty much built on nostalgia, so anything too modern would really look out of place. They did a nice job modernizing the logos while maintaining strong ties to the original franchises, so it's almost impossible for them to go super-modern with the uniforms.

• Like 7

There's an odd heaviness to that Tampa set. Way too many black outlines and shadows on the numbers. Even the alt-logo on the sleeve seems too heavily outlined in black. The red sleeve and neck treatments on the white uniform somehow add to this effect. I'd rather see the white jersey simplified to match the red one, even if it means making it more plain.

The original Bandits were far more subtle in how they employed black. These road jerseys worked really well with black numbers. 

spacer.png

So the Bandits have drop-shadowed numbers with no outline and side panels on the jerseys they think will line up with the pants stripes. What year am I in, 2002?

*looks at Maulers*

Well, I guess there's my answer.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

37 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Everybody will be waiting with bated breath at 1 to see if Michigan does what they’re supposed to do.

Entire league sinks or swims with one helmet

Agreed on how critical it is to get the Panthers helmet right, but I'd say the Breakers helmet is equally as important.

• Like 3

Jersey: Black with dark gray side panels. Pants: Dark gray with black side panels. What are we even doing here?

• Hurl 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Jersey: Black with dark gray side panels. Pants: Dark gray with black side panels. What are we even doing here?

Side panels with dark side panels, dark gray panels with side panels, panels with paneling, black and gray, panel sides, lines, panels, dark bley grack

That'll be $20,000

• LOL 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

They really *puts on sunglasses* took a gamble with that look  YEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

51 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

There's an odd heaviness to that Tampa set. Way too many black outlines and shadows on the numbers. Even the alt-logo on the sleeve seems too heavily outlined in black. The red sleeve and neck treatments on the white uniform somehow add to this effect. I'd rather see the white jersey simplified to match the red one, even if it means making it more plain.

The original Bandits were far more subtle in how they employed black. These road jerseys worked really well with black numbers. 

spacer.png

Looking at the new uniforms, I think they wanted to avoid the Ohio State comparisons, even with no sleeve stripes. So removing the white from the pant and helmet stripes was a good call. They didn't need to have those side panels on the jerseysthough.

wUq0kEX.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, Skycast said:

Agreed on how critical it is to get the Panthers helmet right, but I'd say the Breakers helmet is equally as important.

I’m with you here. Those two helmets have to be what we all expect for this to work.

Not a fan of the Maulers or Bandits uniforms so far. I do like the Stallions and Gamblers however so I’m sitting at 50%.

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

16 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

When I saw the white jerseys in the commercial I was hoping they were placeholders to throw us off. Now I'm wishing they'd have copied the New York Guardians jerseys instead. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png