USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

17 minutes ago, Skycast said:

They pretty much killed it with the Panthers, but fell short in my opinion on the Breakers when it comes to the nostalgia factor. It's a solid look, but it pales in comparison to the vibe of the original in my opinion.

In terms of nostalgia, you're right. It's much different from the original. However, I think the new version does a better job of representing a wave. As much as I enjoyed the old one, it seemed almost bird- or ghost-like. 

spacer.png

I really like how the new version takes some cues from the Panthers in having the wave start from the back and really immerse the helmet. Well done. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

This image confuses me a bit. 

The original Panthers used champagne, which was sort of a hybrid of gold and silver. This picture makes it look like the helmets and pants are more directly gold, which I think throws the whole look off. 

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

They've been releasing one per hour and have publicized the release times. I think it's pretty smart. Keeps its audience engaged throughout the day. 

When they announced the coaches, it wasn't all in one day, it was like a span of two weeks.  Same when they announced the teams.  

48 minutes ago, Skycast said:

They pretty much killed it with the Panthers, but fell short in my opinion on the Breakers when it comes to the nostalgia factor. It's a solid look, but it pales in comparison to the vibe of the original in my opinion.

How you described the reimagined Breakers is how I feel about the Rams. There was a legacy/nostalgia look that was solid and a little tweak would have been plenty. Instead, we got what we have now.

• Like 1

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

7-1

Breakers are very good and I absolutely love the new Stars' look.

The only one I didn't like was the Maulers.  They have the weakest logo but I was hoping a solid uni would save the day but it blows chunks...it's a real skunker.  Not sure why they didn't try to stay truer to the originals or why gray was dropped from the design.