AS Saint-Étienne to get new emblem.

VampyrRabbit

spacer.png
Saint-Étienne, the only French team to have won 10 titles, put it to a fan vote to select a new logo.

The winner should be announced shortly. Personally, not really a fan of any of the designs so far, all keep the green and white stripes despite the team playing in green shirts, and the gold looks chintzy instead of classy. Logo 1 would be my preferred option.

I wished that a more prominent Coat of Arms of Saint-Étienne was included in all of the designs  it was green and white only except for the star (looks like they have until May next year to enjoy being the only team to have hit double figures in league championships).

8 hours ago, BryanSmalls said:

Logo 1 has too many elements.

Logo 2 is generic but the safe option.

Logo 3 is interesting with the stripes and laurel wreaths.

In the presentations, they did show 1 and 2 with the Oak and Laurel wreath, as well as 3 without the wreath, but for some reason only 3 had the wreath when it comes to voting.

I think #1 is the best by far. The typography is cleaner and more modern. I love the palm fronds/crown/croisettes element and could that being isolated and used as a crest on an away or third kit (like Arsenal did with their cannon on this year's away kit). Plus that shield has the nicest shape of the three, and I like the minimization of the stripes if they're going to continue wearing solid green kits at home.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived