Reimagined Soccer (and other) Emblems (Chile)

VampyrRabbit

spacer.png

Slight tweak to the Cov crest, a thicker wheel rim (it is carrying an Elephant after all) as well as a tyre valve added.

spacer.png         spacer.png

Redesign for Ipswich, this keeps the Punch draft horse, and gets rid of the red and the amount of lines. The crenellation at the top of the current crest is supposed to resemble the Wolsey Gate, a local landmark which to be fair, has seen better days. I put a more faithful representation of the gate at the top of the redesign.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The two Octagons represent two other important locations in the town, Christchurch Museum (one octagon from the shape of the clock above the main entrance) and the Waterfront (the shape of the sundial).

spacer.png     spacer.png

From Champagne country, Troyes recently became a member of the City Group, and like most City Group teams, they will probably get a cookie cutter roundel crest in the near future if the logo from their 2021 change is anything to go by, I decided to give them something more unique.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The crest shape is inspired by Le Cœur de Troyes, a sculpture in the middle of the city, and has the flag of the province of Champagne across it. The X stands for the number of the Department of Aube (10). For the script, I've gone for ES Troyes AC. The club have been pushing the name ESTAC, but nobody is calling them that.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Another redesign for Crew, this time with a bigger hard hat and arch.
spacer.png

spacer.png

Redesign and rebrand for Real Salt Lake, I decided to use more of the imagery of Utah, so the Sego Lily, as found on the new (and rather nice) Flag of Salt Lake City is the centrepiece of the logo, and the three petals are separated by a representation of the head of a Rocky Mountain Elk, the State mammal.

Two versions, one with a deep red and a lighter shade closer to the shade the team uses.

• Like 3

Happy new year!

A remaster of an old design, and some new stuff -

spacer.png

Refresh for SB29, this now has two cutlasses and just the team initials.

spacer.png

Redesign for Mexican team also known as Monarcas Morelia. This has the initials AM, and there are three crowns, for the three kings on the coat of arms of Morelia. Their current crest has a lot going on, so I designed something simpler and more in line with their "Monarcas" crest. The star represents their lone championship win, and also was something to fill the space.

spacer.png

And a redesign for Arsenal. The current lemon coloured change kit is the first in a long time where the Gunners have just the cannon on their shirts, and it is a nice change and a big improvement from the current, now rather dated crest, and it would be nice if Arsenal go back to playing with just a Cannon and the stack of cannonballs, as they did from 1978 to 1990.

This is my take on the cannon and ball design, I tried to make the cannon look imposing, and decided that 12 spokes with 6 pairs were good numbers, 12 for the players on the field plus the fans, and 6 for the shirt number of Tony Adams.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And two versions that have hexagonal axle caps, a nod to the "Art Deco" crest introduced by Herbert Chapman, who also introduced the classic Gunners kit of red shirts with white sleeves.

• Like 4

I really like that last version (inlined spokes with hexagon hub) for Arsenal; my first thought was that the stacked cannonballs can also serve a small nod to the ermines of the team's longtime crest.

I think that Stade Brestois update looks absolutely perfect, and that Monterrey shielded update is an upgrade too; thanks for humoring me!

The integration of the crowns on that Morelia logo is really nice.

The elk idea for Salt Lake is really unique! It would make a great mascot for the team, instead of the overplayed lion. It's well integrated into the flower, too. I'm curious, since it's unique but kinda confusing; what is the shield shape supposed to be?

On 12/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Not sure I can keep the GALAXY lettering with a roundel logo though, which is one of the things I really wanted to keep.

Understandable... If you're willing to do that distinction with color instead of size, though, you could do "GALAXY" on top "EST. 1996" on the bottom...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vtgco said:

I really like that last version (inlined spokes with hexagon hub) for Arsenal; my first thought was that the stacked cannonballs can also serve a small nod to the ermines of the team's longtime crest.

I think that Stade Brestois update looks absolutely perfect, and that Monterrey shielded update is an upgrade too; thanks for humoring me!

The integration of the crowns on that Morelia logo is really nice.

The elk idea for Salt Lake is really unique! It would make a great mascot for the team, instead of the overplayed lion. It's well integrated into the flower, too. I'm curious, since it's unique but kinda confusing; what is the shield shape supposed to be?

Thanks! That version of the Gunners crest is my fave too. Orignally, the Hexagon was going to be used as a shield, but it looked better standalone with a stack of cannonballs, instead of inside a hegaxonal shield with the blackletter Arsenal font as I originally had in mind. The cannon and ball logo was worn when Arsenal won the title with almost the last kick of the season, so that pretty much decided that I was going to go that route.

With RSL, The shield shape was supposed to be shaped like Mount Olympus at the top, but didn't work that well with the main flower emblem, so it's just a shield now. As Utah has two pro teams that have no symbolism of Utah in their logos, I wanted to change that for Real. Might do that for the Jazz too.

Originally I was going to rename the team, but I decided to keep the Real as the highest point in Utah is Kings Peak. And yeah, I would take the Elk over the Lion any day as a mascot for RSL.

2 hours ago, vtgco said:

Understandable... If you're willing to do that distinction with color instead of size, though, you could do "GALAXY" on top "EST. 1996" on the bottom...

I think that could work, in the meantime, here is a slight redo that gives the quasar a bit of space and one in the colours of 2000....

spacer.png

spacer.png

And an emblem refresh for the newly promoted J - League team alongside Jublio.......

spacer.png

Remake for Kyoto Sanga, the current logo looks dated and could do with a simplification. This redesign cuts the number of colours down to deep violet, red and a light gold. The logo is shaped like a traditional chōchin lantern.

• 2 weeks later...

Back after healing from a hand injury, here are some more reimaginings.....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Based in the Greater Victoria area and playing in the Canadian Premier League, Pacific FC have a really nice colour scheme, but their current crest isn't anywhere near as nice. There is supposed to be an outline of Vancouver Island and a Douglas Fir in that logo, but it's not clear, and the Trident and the initials of the club are tiny.

The redesign here has the trident and tree as the centrepiece of the logo, and waves representing the seas around Victoria. Two versions, one with a shield with the tree bursting out, and another one without a shield outline.

spacer.png

spacer.png

One of the best followed teams in Japan, Urawa Red Diamonds were formed as the works team of Mitsubishi and used to be called Mitsubishi Urawa FC. Initials were not the only thing the team took from Manchester United - they also took the same colours (the team have worn red shirts, white shorts and black socks since the J - League started) and Red Devils nickname.

Their current crest has a lot going on, the redesign simplifies the crest and has a lot of red diamonds. The flower is now at the centre of the crest and has even more red diamonds, and the two stars represent the two AFC Champions League titles the team has won, a record for a Japanese club.

23 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wouldn't it hurt to add in the team's name? Right now, it could be any team if you replace the flower with something else, because it looks a bit generic.

Maybe you can make the logo shaped like a Mitsubishi logo while modifying its shape to be appropriate for football.

Just now, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Wouldn't it hurt to add in the team's name? Right now, it could be any team if you replace the flower with something else, because it looks a bit generic.

Maybe you can make the logo shaped like a Mitsubishi logo while modifying its shape to be appropriate for football.

You're right, I do think it needs the team name or at least the initials somewhere, Probably either a scroll or the initials of the club along with an S for Saitama. And I think I can incorporate the Mitsubishi logo into the flower by adding an extra petal.

More for the team from Saitama.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Main and secondary emblems for Reds, the flower now has petals comprised partly of diamonds, and in that motif, there are now 11 diamonds. I tried to incorporate a subtle echo of the Mitsubishi logo using different shades of red.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Red and Gold versions of the emblems.

• Like 1

I think your Pacific logo looks best without the hexagonal outline, and I'm not just saying that because I'm hoping to avoid competition with my hexagon + waves Sounders concept ; P

In all seriousness, the tree +  trident combo is really good, and I'd just suggest thinning up the center vertical prong, and maybe giving the trunk a white or teal outline rather than counter-coloring it in white.

The font is a bit of a downgrade again, but the clean-up for Kyoto is much-needed. The lantern shape is unique, but it's not quite reading properly to me. I wouldn't normally suggest it, but maybe in this case some tonal shading (or possibly horizontal hatching lines representing creases) near one of the edges would help by giving it some depth...? Also the slight vertical asymmetry is bothering me slightly, even if it's realistic.

I love what you've got going on for Yurawa! Honestly, any of these versions would be excellent, though I definitely prefer going with red + either white or yellow, rather than red + two colors. The diamonds inside the flower petals are a good addition. I think the stand-alone diamond makes for a great shape, though I think it'd work best with just the inner one and no outer one.

I didn't think that adding a container or text would help, but that red & yellow shield one is pretty dang nice and well-composed; plus, that font is gorgeous. Excellent work!

On 1/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I think that could work, in the meantime, here is a slight redo that gives the quasar a bit of space and one in the colours of 2000....

Looks good in both color schemes; I prefer the modern colors personally. I think the quasar benefits from the space, but I think the circle containing the quasar needs that extra breathing room way more!

• Like 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to Reimagined Soccer (and other) Emblems
On 2022-01-19 at 5:58 AM, vtgco said:

I think your Pacific logo looks best without the hexagonal outline, and I'm not just saying that because I'm hoping to avoid competition with my hexagon + waves Sounders concept ; P

In all seriousness, the tree +  trident combo is really good, and I'd just suggest thinning up the center vertical prong, and maybe giving the trunk a white or teal outline rather than counter-coloring it in white.

The font is a bit of a downgrade again, but the clean-up for Kyoto is much-needed. The lantern shape is unique, but it's not quite reading properly to me. I wouldn't normally suggest it, but maybe in this case some tonal shading (or possibly horizontal hatching lines representing creases) near one of the edges would help by giving it some depth...? Also the slight vertical asymmetry is bothering me slightly, even if it's realistic.

I'll rework both the PFC and Kyoto emblems, and rework the shape of the lantern for Kyoto.

In the meantime, here is an idea for the newest MLS Club. Well, sort of.

spacer.png

This is my take on a badge for the newest MLS team. I'm not a fan of the name Saint Louis CITY SC, so decided to use the name of the recently defunct Saint Louis FC, but the pink, navy and white colour scheme is pretty boss, so I kept it. I originally wanted to just use pink and navy, but with the arch and the colour pink, you can guess what the designs with those colours looked like, so the white returned.

This has the Gateway Arch and the "Flame de Lys" from the crest of another defunct club from the city, AC St Louis, with a cresent moon from the seal of Missouri. Beneath is a mound with the short form of the city name on it, and under that is the blue with four peaks to represent the Missouri and Mississippi.

• Like 2

On 2022-01-19 at 5:58 AM, vtgco said:

I love what you've got going on for Yurawa! Honestly, any of these versions would be excellent, though I definitely prefer going with red + either white or yellow, rather than red + two colors. The diamonds inside the flower petals are a good addition. I think the stand-alone diamond makes for a great shape, though I think it'd work best with just the inner one and no outer one.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on those changes for PFC and Kyoto.

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Roundel" version of the Reds crest, this has just the one shade of red.

spacer.png

And a redesign for the team from the Capital. The main problem I have with the current D.C. Emblem is the flag on a black background, so it gets a shield. The outline of the Jefferson Pier is at the top of the logo, and the two non flag stars are for the CONCACAF Champions League win and the Copa Interamericana win in 2018.

To whoever designed the main PFC crest, I have a confession to make - You did a pretty good job, Tiny letters and trident notwithstanding.

So when I looked again at the current PFC logo, and tried to imagine it without the aformentioned letters and trident, it would actually be quite solid.  The crest shape is unique and the form of the Douglas Fir is a lot more representative of how the Tree grows in the wild than the a Christmas Tree like shape, due to the rarity of snow in the rainforest of the Pacific Northwest.

spacer.png

I decided to keep the upright Douglas Fir, added waves at the bottom, and gave the crest a lot more starfish purple, and left the trident and PFC off the crest for a cleaner look.

• Like 1

And now for my first active NHL team logo

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am a big fan of the Heritage Classic Uniforms Calgary Flames wore in 2011 - up into the logo, which at least to my eyes, looks really out of place on the Tigers throwback Uniform. So here is my stab at making something more fitting for that uniform, using the same burnt golden-yellow and deeper than usual red the Flames wore that day.

The Horseshoe shape of the C is a nod to the Stampede, and inside the C are a representation of the Rockies and a Flame inspired by the logo of the Atlanta Flames. I'm not sure if this would work with the standard colours, so let me know if I should try to do a version using the current palate.

• Like 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to Reimagined Soccer (and other) Emblems (Calgary Flames "Heritage Classic" 26/1)
  • 1 year later...

So back again, this time with a design for La Roja.

dec61bfa353473818b1142e555767a84ae5a2e78

3ba5a368235bc9c8aed4215fbb05f970feeafaef

Redesign for the Chile National Football Team, this is a Factory Pomo inspired style, which the colouring of the main shield of the Coat of Arms of Chile and the shape of the crest (volantín, traditional Chilean kite) I've chosen here lends itself to. The star on a blue and red background is in a guñelve, a symbol of Chile and above it is a copihue, the national flower of Chile.

The colours used are candy apple red, navy blue and white, with copper (the national metal of Chile) as a supporting colour. The font used is a modified version of Hermona, and the two versions use two different layouts of the initials of Federación de Fútbol de Chile, with the latter having an anticlockwise reading, I wasn't sure if the first one would be read FFC.

Comments would be cool.

• Love 1

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to Reimagined Soccer (and other) Emblems (Chile)