Infrared41's Best And Worst Presented by BBTV - 2021 Week 12

BBTV

Rough week.  Lots of matchups that could have been great but were ruined by alts or monochrome or throwbacks that didn't mesh with their opponents. 

Best

1.  Vikings at 49ers

Really would have been better had Minnesota worn their purple pants, but in a weak week, this gets the top spot.  Like the clashing of the gold and purple helmets.

kwrdi5vqacju9voiuv9s.jpg

2.  Chargers at Broncos

Broncos uniforms don't do anything for me but almost anything looks good against the Chargers colors, even when they go all white.

dnudp3pzxqmfcvg2x9pl.jpg

3.  Raiders at Cowboys

Basically for no reason other than a battle of two classic uniforms (even though I've snubbed similar matchups in the past, but whatever.)

xm3cjieitilzpdlxcmx6.jpg

Honorable Mention

Eagles at Giants

Almost gave Bucs vs Colts this slot, but called an audible and gave this matchup the nod.  Giants would have looked a lot better with proper socks.

vm35raz4raoqkigs4vrj.jpg

Worst

1.  Steelers at Bengals

For as much love as I've given the Bengals this year, I can't get behind their choice to wear their orange jersey against a yellow heavy team like Pittsburgh.  Just too much orange - a total eyesore.

z37lb9qkxxmfmagm73x8.jpg

2.   Bills at Saints

Yet again, another game that would have been in the best list had the teams just worn their regular uniforms.  The Saints seem to kill lots of these matchups by going white over white, but this time, the Bills were the main culprit here, as their blue/blue just doesn't work against anyone.

gea79jjxwjbjomcyift0.jpg

3.  Titans at Patriots

Titans clown suits with navy pants against mono-navy Patriots.  Even though both looks suck, this game could have probably avoided the list had Tennessee just worn light blue pants.

hvnoq2nqzfurknltjhwx.jpg

Thought long and hard about putting the Monday-night game here, but at the end of the day, I didn't think WFT looked that bad in their mono-burgundy, so they barely avoided a dishonorable mention.

That's it.  Go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

2.   Bills at Saints

Yet again, another game that would have been in the best list had the teams just worn their regular uniforms.  The Saints seem to kill lots of these matchups by going white over white, but this time, the Bills were the main culprit here, as their blue/blue just doesn't work against anyone.

gea79jjxwjbjomcyift0.jpg

Looks like he's doing a Hulk Hogan leg drop on the defender

51 minutes ago, Chawls said:

The Bills/Saints game reinforces why I hate the long white socks with no stripes.  

My campaign for NFL Commish would run solely on the platform that white socks must have stripes if you want to wear all white socks

AmPJ0Ty.png 

7 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Full disagree on Steelers Bengals. Honestly? might have made my top list. Nice and warm game, though I do understand knocking it because of that.

It was just too much.  The Bengals look like they're playing tiger dress-up in those orange tops.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Had the Bills chose to go full red, the matchup against against the Saints would’ve look a hell of a lot better, IMO.

Why? It’s the same uniform but red. It would have looked bad regardless. It’s not even a better contrast.

38 minutes ago, dont care said:

Why? It’s the same uniform but red. It would have looked bad regardless. It’s not even a better contrast.

Because let’s face it, the Bills can hardly put together any good looking uniform. It’s always ruined by crappy “sock” choices.

If not all red, wear some white pants because at least then they would fool you into thinking they actually care how they look.

18 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Because let’s face it, the Bills can hardly put together any good looking uniform. It’s always ruined by crappy “sock” choices.

If not all red, wear some white pants because at least then they would fool you into thinking they actually care how they look.

I’m really failing to see your logic here. How does same uniform but red mean they care about their uniform more. It literally makes no sense.

30 minutes ago, dont care said:

I’m really failing to see your logic here. How does same uniform but red mean they care about their uniform more. It literally makes no sense.

The bottom line is, the Bills need to drop those solid white “socks” the love to use so much because it ruins such a great uniform set

"Ruins" is a strong word.  The socks aren't ideal, but their standard uniform vs Saints in gold pants would have worked far better than any solid color vs solid white.

FWIW, solid red would be the absolute worst thing for the Bills to wear... ever.  I don't even think their blue on blue is the absolute worst thing in the world.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

"Ruins" is a strong word.  The socks aren't ideal, but their standard uniform vs Saints in gold pants would have worked far better than any solid color vs solid white.

FWIW, solid red would be the absolute worst thing for the Bills to wear... ever.  I don't even think their blue on blue is the absolute worst thing in the world.

When the Bills wear what they did against the Saints, the uniform looks incomplete and amateurish.

By “standard uniform” I’m assuming you mean this?

spacer.png

If that’s the case, then yes absolutely it would’ve looked a lot better against the color rush.

What about Bears/Lions? I wish Detroit wore their throwbacks, but both them and Chicago looked pretty good under the domed lights of Ford Field.

spacer.png

Buccaneers/Colts was pretty good too. Indy's throwbacks are really nice, but this is one of the few times I wished the Bucs kept their red socks from the Winston/alarm clock set.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

What about Bears/Lions? I wish Detroit wore their throwbacks, but both them and Chicago looked pretty good under the domed lights of Ford Field.

spacer.png

Buccaneers/Colts was pretty good too. Indy's throwbacks are really nice, but this is one of the few times I wished the Bucs kept their red socks from the Winston/alarm clock set.

spacer.png

Oh yeah Bucs-Colts was really good. I love that Colts throwback, they should use it every season.

Completely forgot Lions-Bears happened.

This is a very interesting list.

I agree with the #1 best spot - and I also wish the Vikings wore their purple pants. The purple contrasts so well against the 49ers’ red & gold.

My #2 best matchup would actually be Steelers-Bengals. I think the Bengals wore their best possible combo, and it makes sense for them to emphasize orange against the Steelers to me since both teams share black. I suppose the all-black combo for the Bengals would have worked as well, but the orange against yellow felt very autumnal in this case.

I didn’t particularly like Raiders-Cowboys, as there was a ton of silver in that matchup.

Beyond that, I’d probably just have a bunch of Honorable Mentions. Browns-Ravens, Chargers-Broncos, and even Bills-Saints all are matchups that are good, but not great in my eyes.

For the worst list, Titans-Patriots would be my clear #1. Way too much navy going on there. Falcons-Jaguars was similarly rough with so much black. Panthers-Dolphins was also really bad with so much white, the Panthers are especially culpable for wearing white socks all of a sudden.

Here’s my recap list for the week:

Best

1. Vikings at 49ers

2. Steelers at Bengals

Honorable Mentions

1. Browns at Ravens

2. Chargers at Broncos

3. Bears at Lions

4. Seahawks at Washington

5. Bills at Saints

Worst

1. Titans at Patriots