Old Halo Esports MLG Logos

So I was just doing a daily search for sports logos about a week ago when I happened to see some cool old Halo logos from back when they were quite huge on the Esports circuit. Though I've never been a huge Halo fan I appreciated how innovative and ahead of their time they were. I just recently joined the boards (though I've been following along for a few years now) and noticed how there's not as much topics about Esports so I figured I'd post em here as these logos appear to have been around for awhile now.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

This certainly reeks of early 2000's design and naming conventions. Infamous looks more like it's spelled Infamovs, and a couple of them are straight-up ripoffs of other logos, specifically from the college world. The Warriors is a painted-over version of the UCF Knights old Knightro logo, and it seems the Western Michigan "ghost bronco" made a cameo in, or at least was the base of, the Legendz logo (that name is just bad). Overall, just not a big fan. There are some cool ideas/colors/names, but it all gets bogged down by the fact that I think they were just trying too hard to be cool.

I think eSports has been better branding wise in recent years, examples being the Overwatch League and the Call of Duty League (for the most part).

I still don't agree with the notion that eSports are truly sports, but that's not a conversation to get into here. After all, if Chess is called a sport by the IOC, then maybe eSports might one day be as well.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived