Infrared41's Best And Worst Presented by BBTV Presented by DCarp1231 - 2021 Week 13

Hey everyone, so bit of a weird week, but it’s an honor.

BBTV asked me to take over the duties for this week’s Best & Worst.

BEST

1. Washington-Raiders

You can’t get much better than two classic teams with two classic uniforms.

spacer.png

2. Chargers-Bengals

Just a great matchup between two teams who got their redesigns right this go-around. I love the orange against yellow.
spacer.png

3. Buccaneers-Falcons

This is probably the only time you’ll ever see the Falcons on the best list while wearing their current uniforms. It helps that Atlanta seems to be straying away from the mono looks

spacer.png

Honorable Mention

Colts-Texans

I absolutely love Houston’s “Battle Red” alternate. It definitely needs to be worn more within their divisional games. Indianapolis should always wear blue socks with their all white look. Going all white hurts them here.

spacer.png

WORST

1. Eagles-Jets

Really bad all around. Even though the Jets all black shouldn’t have been worn in this matchup, I fault Philly more for wearing their black pants.

spacer.png

2. Jaguars-Rams

Both teams chose the wrong pants to wear. Jacksonville needed their teal to shine and Los Angeles should’ve opted for the more vibrant yellow

spacer.png

3. Vikings-Lions

Minnesota should’ve worn white pants while Detroit should’ve been in their regular home uniforms.

spacer.png

I hope I did okay for my first ever crack at the list.

Have at it!

4 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

Thank goodness I worked a double on Sunday and was not able to watch much of any games.    So many ugly matchups. 

Agreed. Outside of my top 3 best, this week was marred by boneheaded uniform choices (all of my worst list), one team ruining potentially great matchups (Baltimore wearing plain white socks, New England only having one pair of pants, and Denver’s uniforms as a whole), and both teams choosing to wear white pants* when one or both could’ve opted for different colors (DAL-NO).

*- I loathe matchups that feature both teams donning white pants. However, I gave IND-HOU a pass simply because of my love for Houston’s reds.

38 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

I can handle New England's away uniforms since they're not monochrome. The socks are all over the place but the way most of the players were wearing them looked good enough

We nearly got this, which would’ve been a better option than strictly blue pants 

spacer.png

This is a solid list. I have a few matchups I’d flip the order of (which I’ll get to), but I generally agree with most all of the placements.

Chargers-Bengals would probably be my #1, as like you said it’s a matchup between two modern yet restrained and successful redesigns. I’d probably go Washington-Raiders at #2 (burgundy pants for Washington would have improved that one), and then Colts-Texans at #3. Houston going with red (as they should full-time) really livened up that matchup.

Buccaneers-Falcons is a nice matchup, it’s just a little drab in my eyes, a lot of dark colors. I’d probably give it an Honorable Mention. Patriots-Bills wasn’t bad either.

Eagles-Jets is a clear #1 worst, as both teams choosing to wear as much black as possible is simply an atrocity. Not much else to say there. I don’t mind Jacksonville going with black pants in their matchup, as I think teal would clash a bit with the Rams’ royal blue. Yellow or even blue pants would have been better options for the Rams, though. I really wish Detroit’s Color Rush matched their normal helmet gray, I would actually like that uniform quite a lot (pairing the jersey with blue pants would be cool, too). 

Overall, this was a kind of “meh” week, no matchup really stood out as amazing. Here’s my personal ranking:

Best

1. Chargers at Bengals

2. Washington at Raiders

3. Colts at Texans

Honorable Mentions

1. Buccaneers at Falcons

2. Patriots at Bills

Worst

1. Eagles at Jets

2. Jaguars at Rams

This was basically a test to ensure that Eagles v Jets and Lions v Vikings took the worst spots.  In that respect, test passed.

I can't put Washington on the best list under any circumstances if they're white over white.  White over burgundy would have been close to  a lock.  I probably could never bring myself to put Falcons on the best list, but if I ever was going to, that combo vs the Bucs would do it, so I'll let it go.  Bengals vs Chargers is a no brainer, but the Bengals really botched their pants.  Either of their other pants would have improved the situation - even their black set.  Texans vs Bills was really nice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

I probably could never bring myself to put Falcons on the best list, but if I ever was going to, that combo vs the Bucs would do it, so I'll let it go. 

For the third best spot, I went back and forth on TB-ATL, IND-HOU, and DAL-NO. I ultimately chose Bucs-Falcons because the other two matchups feature both teams wearing white pants. Which is a personal disdain of mine. At least one team needs colored pants. I then chose IND-HOU for Honorable Mention simply because of Houston’s red jerseys and socks. It was easy to overlook the Colts’ lack of blue socks. DAL-NO didn’t get a spot because the Cowboys absolutely need to wear silver pants with the navy jersey and the Saints need to invest in at least different colored socks or striped white socks.

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

Bengals vs Chargers is a no brainer, but the Bengals really botched their pants.  Either of their other pants would have improved the situation - even their black set. 

I agree on the botching of pants. They chose the wrong pair too which IMO, knocks the matchup from being No. 1. The all black look easily would’ve vaulted the matchup over Washington-Las Vegas.

Archived