MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

With the new Charlotte FC kit for the 2022 season having dropped, guess it's time for a new thread for the looks the MLS will be wearing.

Guess the new kits for the team from the Queen City are good as place as any to start, and for my money, it's the best kit the team has ever had.

The biggest news for 2022 is that we will probably see the back of the Adidas Equipment-esque template that was introduced in 2020, and I for one will be glad to see it put out to pasture. It wasn't really suited to anything other than a plain shirt (on that note, can we see Philly back with a central stripe please?) and hopefully with it's retirement, we will see more stripes, hoops and half and halfs in the league.

NEW FOR 2022

Emblems -

spacer.png

New England Revolution

spacer.png

Chicago Fire Football Club

spacer.png

Columbus Crew

Kits -

Charlotte Football Club - Home and Away

Portland Timbers - Away

Los Angeles Galaxy - Home

New England Revolution - Home

New York Red Bulls - Away

Austin FC - Away

Colorado Rapids - Home

Seattle Sounders FC - Home

Here are a list of the (likely) new home kits to be launched -

Real Salt Lake

Dallas

Inter Miami

Minnesota United

Chicago Fire (New Emblem)

Philadelphia Union

Columbus Crew (New Home kit may be launched, with previous seasons first becoming new change. Will have new Emblem on shirt)

Nashville

DC United

And here are likely change kit launches

Austin (? - More likely than the home, considering the likely retirement of 2020 template)

Atlanta United

Charlotte

Club de Foot Montréal (First new designed change kit after name change)

Columbus Crew (Possible new change, see home kit launch, New Emblem)

FC Cincinnati

Sporting Kansas City

Houston Dynamo (First new designed change  kit with new Emblem)

New York City FC

Orlando City

Portland Timbers

San Jose Earthquakes

Toronto FC

Vancouver Whitecaps

So, what would you like to see for the new Uniforms for the MLS?

• Like 4

Believe it's already been stated that this year's Chicago Fire kit will still use the navy oval nightmare logo, due to production lag time, though the club will use their new logo everywhere else. Sort of like how Columbus did this past year I guess, at least for the later months. Seems weird but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

One of the Revs FO people said in one of the recent articles about the rebrand that they're keeping their (terrible) away kit last year for another season despite the new logo, though I'd imagine that one will have the new logo added to it.

For Austin, I imagine they'll keep the home kit but change the away, since the latter was using that 2020 template?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Rumors are that Columbus may be getting a yellow kit again, but most likely that's only happening with some of the fan gear rather than the actual team . If it does occur then I'll be pretty damn happy. But all yellow and grey/yellow/yellow as your two options most likely isn't happening.  With Crew 2 coming into play this year I hope they aren't simply wearing the same kits as the senior team, but I'm pretty sure they probably will, save for a potentially different kit sponsor. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, Digby said:

Believe it's already been stated that this year's Chicago Fire kit will still use the navy oval nightmare logo, due to production lag time, though the club will use their new logo everywhere else. Sort of like how Columbus did this past year I guess, at least for the later months. Seems weird but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

From the club's announcement back in July:

The current Fire Crown badge will remain in use across all areas of the Club – including on the team’s kits – until the end of the 2021 season. The new crest will be in full use at the start of the 2022 preseason as the club prepares for its 25th season in MLS.

This year’s secondary kit – the white Lakefront shirt – will carry over into 2022 and will feature the new crest. Next year, the Club will unveil a new navy blue primary kit that has been in production for more than a year and will be worn during the 2022 and 2023 seasons. Design for the next home kit will begin in the Spring of 2022 as the team prepares to formally return to red home kits for the 2024 season.

Sounds to me like the base design of the away kit will be the same but the new crest will be on both home and away kits.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Sounds to me like the base design of the away kit will be the same but the new crest will be on both home and away kits.

Ah, that's a relief, my mistake. I guess I was thinking about how they're, apparently, stuck with a navy kit/not a red kit for another 2 years.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

full-kit.jpg

I'm just gonna say, this is a really good kit. I could nitpick some stuff here and there, but I figured Charlotte would go with an all-black look and I'm really glad they didn't. It's a distinctive look on a classic style — kinda reminds me of the Diamondbacks' initial home sets in that blend of "modern colors on a traditional canvas" — and I hope they stick with it going forward.

• Like 6

6fQjS3M.png

Just now, crashcarson15 said:

full-kit.jpg

I'm just gonna say, this is a really good kit. I could nitpick some stuff here and there, but I figured Charlotte would go with an all-black look and I'm really glad they didn't. It's a distinctive look on a classic style — kinda reminds me of the Diamondbacks' initial home sets in that blend of "modern colors on a traditional canvas" — and I hope they stick with it going forward.

This is what I think San Jose should have looked like this year. I wonder if this becomes their standard look and San Jose never goes back to contrasting sleeves. I hope that's not the case, it's not like these jerseys would ever be worn at the same time. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Yeah, they really seemed to emphasizing black over blue on their website and social media and other materials prior to this, so I was surprised the kit is so predominantly blue. And it's a nice shade of blue that's more saturated than NYCFC's and brighter than San Jose's, so I think it really stands out among other kits in the league.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Curious why you only focus on home kits? Don't like away kits? :) 

I was a bit rushed for time, so I only put the likely new home kits. I'll put up a list of probable change kits, and maybe also first. I'll update when a new kit is launched in the OP.

I've got nothing against away kits, for the record.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

So they are going to have the "Ah, just give the Revs  the same design as Spain, who cares? Now lets go to the pub"  shirt for another season, though it will be ever so slightly better with a new crest and probable red on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I was a bit rushed for time, so I only put the likely new home kits. I'll put up a list of probable change kits, and maybe also first. I'll update when a new kit is launched in the OP.

I've got nothing against away kits, for the record.

I figured something like that lol. Just had to tease a bit. Thanks for starting the thread!

I still see Sounders MLS debut shirts at the games, and I imagine a lot of MLS 2.0 team fanbases rock the debut kit more than any that follow.

If you're going to have a shirt last a long time, Charlotte chose a great look to do so. Really, really nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, darthjocan said:

I have a feeling FC Cincy will give us a new road kit. Do I want them to? No. But I have a feeling they will. 

If they do, then I hope they do something inspired by the Cincy Union Terminal. Because that building is absolutely stunning, inside and out.

4 minutes ago, insert name said:

I'd like to see NYCFC try an orange kit. They haven't had a change kit I cared for since the inaugural season. 

Seconded for the suggestion of tangerine togs.

I'll keep the OP updated regularly with all the new hotness, also got the dancing crabs on standby when (or if considering Austin might keep their change - lets hope not) when the 2020 MLS template slings it's hook.

• Like 1

The Timbers are due for a new secondary, and Merritt Paulson has said it’ll be the biggest risk the club has taken. It won’t feature any white, and the base will be a color that “hasn’t really been featured as the primary color before”. Paulson has said before they won’t do a true gold kit, but my guess/hope for this upcoming kit is yellow or athletic gold. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I figured something like that lol. Just had to tease a bit. Thanks for starting the thread!

No probs, just did a list of changes.

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Timbers are due for a new secondary, and Merritt Paulson has said it’ll be the biggest risk the club has taken. It won’t feature any white, and the base will be a color that “hasn’t really been featured as the primary color before”. Paulson has said before they won’t do a true gold kit, but my guess/hope for this upcoming kit is yellow or athletic gold. 

Pink perhaps, after the Rose City?

5 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Guess the new kits for the team from the Queen City are good as place as any to start, and for my money, it's the best kit the team has ever had.

Considering they're the first kits the team has ever had, doesn't that kind of go without saying? 😛

Although, I do agree that that is one hell of a nice look.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012