MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

Anyone hear anything specific? I've only heard so far that LAFC is going to be a similar template as Charlotte. Whether that's true or not I don't actually know but at least what I've heard.

This trail of crumbs really is frustrating, I liked it better when there was a nice run-up, some clubs starting to drop their threads in January (or at least announced them officially), now it's later and later. Though I wonder if the season starting earlier means kits drop earlier?

spacer.png

I saw that too. Thank goodness they finally figured out everyone wants Miami to be pink. And hopefully real pink; not the dirty laundry pink they've been using the past couple seasons.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The shade of pink will very likely be “True Pink”, which is the shade used on their current secondary kits and this past season’s training and travel gear. It’s also a shade that Adidas has used on teamwear designs recently:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The kit should look pretty good as long as the accents are mainly black instead of white. The shade of pink could still stand to be a bit more saturated, but it’s definitely better than the shade that was used on their inaugural kits and on their training and travel gear in 2020 called “Clear Pink”:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I didn't mind the clear pink on the home shirt, thought it worked well with the white, but they definately should have used white or black shorts, pink just didn't work.

I hated it because the contrast was horrible. It was so pale you could barely even tell it was pink. I couldn’t see the adidas logo or stripes. The kit wasn’t classic for its plainness, it was just straight boring. It looked like teamwear and they just slapped a crest on it.

spacer.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I hated it because the contrast was horrible. It was so pale you could barely even tell it was pink. I couldn’t see the adidas logo or stripes. The kit wasn’t classic for its plainness, it was just straight boring. It looked like teamwear and they just slapped a crest on it.

spacer.png

I can make out the stripes and the pink trim on the cuffs, but not the Adidas logo, which really should have been in black. The shirt (the authentic one with the Grandad Collar) looked decent enough off the pitch, but on it, it didn't work thanks to not being able to see the adidas logo and those shorts.

10 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Have my fingers crossed for Miami's primary kits being pink/pink/black, but have a feeling they'll end up going with all pink.

Pink black pink would probably look better, but I'm sure they can swap out the shorts from the home and away kits as well. Or they can do what Columbus does and pick one set as their Open Cup look.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The start of the season is like a month and a half away and we've seen basically nothing besides Charlotte's primary and an announcement from Miami. I'm sure the league wants to get enough new merch sales in before the start of the season, so I'm surprised we haven't seen anything hinting towards new kit unveilings yet. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

The start of the season is like a month and a half away and we've seen basically nothing besides Charlotte's primary and an announcement from Miami. I'm sure the league wants to get enough new merch sales in before the start of the season, so I'm surprised we haven't seen anything hinting towards new kit unveilings yet. 

I'd expect mid- February for these to start coming out. Maybe 2 weeks prior to the first games.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, this is about the usual time the past few years. I'd think releasing new merch before the holidays would make more sense, but I'm not paid to make these decisions!

Saw a tweet purportedly source to Austin FC's kit man that they're unveiling a new away jersey in January, and they may have hit the famous threshold for a third kit too. I guess it's easier to do when it's year one and everybody has to buy their first jersey at the same time. 

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, Digby said:

Footy Headlines says this year's Atlanta away kit will be mint green with darker green logos/trim, which sounds like Rapids from last year reprised. Seems like an odd choice to me?? 

AVvXsEhRK3tNe2_IQUoqH1f23B14SkpI-iz2vdBi 

Weird that they get a mint jersey base color before a peach base color.

I wonder, maybe it's meant to be mint julep themed? Is that broadly Southern enough to work in Atlanta?

You're right it's weird that it might step on Colorado's away... But I find it even odder that it might undercut Charlotte's use of mint right as the Mint City enters the league!