MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

11 hours ago, Digby said:

Footy Headlines says this year's Atlanta away kit will be mint green with darker green logos/trim, which sounds like Rapids from last year reprised. Seems like an odd choice to me?? 

AVvXsEhRK3tNe2_IQUoqH1f23B14SkpI-iz2vdBi 

This actually makes sense and works for those of us from Atlanta. We're known as the City in the Forest which I fully expect to be the "theme" of this kit. The base might be mint, but expect the marketing and the team to focus in on the Forest Green aspect. They sent us these stickers last season as what we're all realizing was a teaser. 

• Like 3
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

3 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

This actually makes sense and works for those of us from Atlanta. We're known as the City in the Forest which I fully expect to be the "theme" of this kit. The base might be mint, but expect the marketing and the team to focus in on the Forest Green aspect. They sent us these stickers last season as what we're all realizing was a teaser. 

That's a pretty sweet sticker. Maybe the use of green will also entice them to use some Olympic themed colors in the kit as well...

Atlanta 1996 – Emblem - theolympicdesign – Olympic Design Webseite!

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

9 hours ago, vtgco said:

Weird that they get a mint jersey base color before a peach base color.

I wonder, maybe it's meant to be mint julep themed? Is that broadly Southern enough to work in Atlanta?

You're right it's weird that it might step on Colorado's away... But I find it even odder that it might undercut Charlotte's use of mint right as the Mint City enters the league!

They're scared of us, haven't even played a game and we're already in their head :P

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

10 hours ago, vtgco said:

Weird that they get a mint jersey base color before a peach base color.

I wonder, maybe it's meant to be mint julep themed? Is that broadly Southern enough to work in Atlanta?

You're right it's weird that it might step on Colorado's away... But I find it even odder that it might undercut Charlotte's use of mint right as the Mint City enters the league!

Exactly like Seattle did to Miami. MLS and Adidas are weird!

s-l400.jpg

71S2atKsXOL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As an Austin FC fan, I was already excited at getting a new secondary uniform, because what they wore last year was completely mailed in. Not that I blame them entirely since they knew it would be replaced after one season, but it was so uninspiring. 

Now hearing that we qualified to get a third jersey, I will be really interested in seeing what direction they go in. So far (I know its only been one year) the team hasn't ventured outside green, black and white, and the team markets so heavily around the being " the verde and black", that it will be interesting what other color they would pick.

I also love the inaugural primary jerseys, I even like that the backs are black which bothers a lot of people. With that said I really hope they add some green shorts to with those jerseys, it would really balance out the uniforms so well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Sorry, nope, Charlotte passed on their chance to own mint, instead they decided to be yet another light blue team with 20-year-old Quakes jerseys. 

I disagree when not only is out largest supporters group Mint City Collective, but all signs points to our clash kit being black and mint. I wouldn't call it "owning" but we've certainly staked a claim.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

8 hours ago, QCS said:

I disagree when not only is out largest supporters group Mint City Collective, but all signs points to our clash kit being black and mint. I wouldn't call it "owning" but we've certainly staked a claim.

Those are reasons to be mad at your front office for prioritizing NFL synergy over a local color scheme unique to MLS. Not the fault of Adidas or Atlanta United. Seems more likely to me that Atlanta's mint away kit will last 2 seasons while Charlotte's will only last 1, if recent expansions are anything to go by, anyway. I will be interested to see if black/mint become a consistent alternate-look clash scheme for Charlotte, but it doesn't seem like anyone's really doing those anymore, not like when Portland had red/black and Colorado had the state flag colors all the time.

Speaking of, if anyone should have an objection, it should be Colorado... there are too many jerseys in MLS now for everyone to be perfectly unique snowflakes, but with such an unusual and distinct colorway, weird that ATL is using the exact one that Colorado used a year earlier.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, PK22 said:

Now hearing that we qualified to get a third jersey, I will be really interested in seeing what direction they go in. So far (I know its only been one year) the team hasn't ventured outside green, black and white, and the team markets so heavily around the being " the verde and black", that it will be interesting what other color they would pick.

A unique direction they could choose to go in is with an Irish rainbow type colorway. 

vintage+milwaukee+bucks+jersey cheap buy online

It would give them a solid alternate looks that's way different than anything else in MLS IMO. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I know it bores some folks but I like Austin leaning into their colors as much as possible. Even their first-year away kit, though a boring design on that awful 2020 template, was better than most of its cohort by virtue of that vibrant green color really "popping". Unlikely, but I'd like to see a third kit that's just all in that verde color.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

I know it bores some folks but I like Austin leaning into their colors as much as possible. Even their first-year away kit, though a boring design on that awful 2020 template, was better than most of its cohort by virtue of that vibrant green color really "popping". Unlikely, but I'd like to see a third kit that's just all in that verde color.

I was hoping it would essentially be an All-Verde kit with Green socks. They could use either black font or white (preferably white) and use black socks. I think it would be definitely unique. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:12 AM, BltzW said:

I was hoping it would essentially be an All-Verde kit with Green socks. They could use either black font or white (preferably white) and use black socks. I think it would be definitely unique. 

All green with a home kit of green and black wouldn't make much sense. As long as they don't go UT Longhorn orange or Texas flag designs it should be fine. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What Seattle should do: checkerboard or blue/green vertical stripes.

spacer.png

What Seattle will do: Some trash 2022 Adidas template rejected by Euro teams, in rave green with minimal sounder blue accents.

Also for good measure I’m sure we won’t get a third kit yet again, even though we consistently sold ours in the past. We probably didn’t hit the sales target this year given we are a state that actually follows Covid guidance on crowd size and most Seattleites blew our yearly budget on a $1000 trip to a single Kraken game ($300 for tickets, $400 for merch and $300 for a single beer and hot dog).

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

12 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

What Seattle should do: checkerboard or blue/green vertical stripes.

spacer.png

What Seattle will do: Some trash 2022 Adidas template rejected by Euro teams, in rave green with minimal sounder blue accents.

Also for good measure I’m sure we won’t get a third kit yet again, even though we consistently sold ours in the past. We probably didn’t hit the sales target this year given we are a state that actually follows Covid guidance on crowd size and most Seattleites blew our yearly budget on a $1000 trip to a single Kraken game ($300 for tickets, $400 for merch and $300 for a single beer and hot dog).

As a fan, I'm not opposed to this idea... But vertical stripes would probably be bad for our next matchup against Austin, made almost inevitably green v green by our dark away kit and the laughable lack of third kit, as you noted...

That said, barring a needed refresh, I definitely agree that I'd love to see more blue. I see no issue with blue/green hoops or block gradient (a la Dallas '20 home) or, even better, a blue/green wave design (a la Whitecaps '20 away).

Also, I hope that any and all Adidas stripes stay white rather than revert to blue-on-green/green-on-blue (but go back to normal-size, please!)

• Like 2

I've appreciated the recent Sounders alts -- the pink/black and Jimi Hendrix uniforms are weird but inspired. However, they have four recent years of very bad home uniforms. Just a dirty design for the sake of having something, but in actuality, is nothing at all.

One bad part of pro soccer is the requirement for a new uniform every season. The Sounders haven't really done better than either of these, and never really needed to move on from this basic look:

maxresdefault.jpg

35d76bfa2d19e9a2018080ecc367d741.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, TacoCat83 said:

Highly doubtful they get a third this year as jerseys get decided 2 years out. Entirely possible 2023-24 they get one.

Interesting thought, when do the teams gets the 3rd jerseys? If they sold 100,000 (or whatever the number) in the 2021 season, do they receive the jersey for the 2022 season, or the 2023 season, since the turnaround for the jerseys are 2ish years? Or do they meet with each team prior to the season when they brought back 3rds (or made that decision) about what they would want it to look like? I would be interested in that process, because otherwise they could keep the old jersey (home/away) that gets replaced and use it as a 3rd.