North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

USL Championships Sacramento Republic upset LA Galaxy 2-1 to advance to the US Open Cup semifinals. They are the first non MLS club to make it to the Open Cup semifinals since the 2017 FC Cincinnati club. Sacramento await the winner of Sporting Kansas City and USL League Ones Union Omaha

Sacramento beat LA only because Tim Donaghy wasn't the referee... 🙃

• LOL 1

I saw, I came, I left.

Sporting Kansas City wallops Union Omaha 6-0. Sporting KC will meet Sacramento Republic in the semifinals. New York Red Bulls beat NYCFC 3-0 and await the winner of Orlando City and Nashville SC, who play next week. A draw will take place tomorrow to determine who hosts.

In the Canadian Championship, Torono FC blanks CF Montreal 4-0, while Vancouver Whitecaps knock of CPL side York United 2-1. Vancouver will host Toronto in the Championship Final.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

Sacramento will host Kansas City and the Orlando/Nashville winner will host NY Red Bulls in the Open Cup semifinals

The order to host the finals are Orlando/Nashville winner, Kansas City, New York. Sacramento will not host.

Wow

Suarez better be incoming to the Sounders. And also on a TAM deal.

Because this otherwise feels like game over for the league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Wow

I’m honestly just stunned. I cannot believe this. This has to be the biggest league signing since Beckham for the Galaxy. Instantly the best player in the league, and just for the TAM? An unreal signing. 

On a personal note, the timing couldn’t be better since I’m moving back to LA tomorrow and have been dying to go an LAFC game. Now I get to watch a world-class winger play in person? I’m still speechless. 

Incidentally, first game he’d be eligible to play would be against the Galaxy on July 8th. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This move makes sense for LAFC. They get a quality player for the rest of this season without having to use a DP spot. At the same time  it should also definitely help Bale. Bale wasn't featured much in Real Madrid  this past season and he will get plenty of training and preparation for the World Cup. Then he will have plenty of rest after the World Cup if he decides to say with  LAFC or even until the January transfer window.

• Like 3

I saw, I came, I left.

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Wow

Until someone takes Bale to Augusta if they play at Atlanta! Hahahahaha!!!!

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yeah, hard for me to imagine there isn't some creative accounting going on here.

I am sure there is. But specifically for Bale, I think he just simply wanted a change. With his accomplishments, he might  get some endorsement deals in LA that would probably exceed what he could have made in salary at Cardiff. That is on top what I mentioned about the World Cup. 

I saw, I came, I left.

32 minutes ago, EskimoAldus said:

Suarez to LAFC on a one year loan

What??

EDIT: looks like it's actually River Plate.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I went to the Cincinnati - Orlando game on Friday night and had a great time. This was only the third time I've been to the stadium, but it was the first with a full crowd on a weekend night and I wanted to check-in here to say that I think this city has something special and you should all come if you get the chance. I kind of still can't believe Cincinnati, of all places, has this. We ubered downtown, walked to my wife's friend's place in OTR and had some drinks, got dinner in OTR, walked to The Pitch through Washington Park, which was alive with families and people enjoying the beautiful weather, enjoyed some more beverages, and then strolled into our seats at the stadium. A quick two and a half hours later when the game ended we walked to another bar and got more drinks, and then ubered home. It was a perfect pro sports experience and I enjoyed the game and pregame and postgame activities way more than I have enjoyed a Reds game in years. I give it 10 soccer balls out of 10 soccer balls. 

Here's a picture:

spacer.png

• Like 6

PvO6ZWJ.png

That sounds awesome. Avoiding having to park when going to a professional sporting event is such a blessing. And when the area around a stadium is designed to provide food and entertainment options, it's really all the better.

I know a lot of people can't fathom a 50,000 stadium without 50,000 parking stalls, but all that concrete is just such a waste of space. And Cincinnati and others are doing it right.

• Like 3

Indy Eleven's on-again, off-again quest to secure a soccer-specific home seems to have made some progress. A 20,000-seat stadium - targeted to open in 2025 - would be part of a mixed-use development in downtown Indianapolis.  

http://uslchampionship.com: Indy Eleven secures downtown location for Eleven Park development

Indianapolis Star: Indy Eleven announces big development for downtown

WISH-TV: Developer secures land for $1B Indy Eleven stadium and neighborhood project

it sounds like Indy is still going for a 20,000 seat stadium. Im pretty sure MLS is just about set on having Las Vegas as team number 30 but, if they go to 32 Id say Indy could be a solid bet.

Wild night in Cincinnati.  Cincinnati goes up 3-0 in the first 30 minutes (plus a disallowed goal by Brenner), then NYCFC storms back with 3 unanswered goals in stoppage time to tie it at the half (including a brace from Heber and a saved penalty). NYCFC takes the lead in the 52 minute and Brenner gets FCCs first hat trick in MLS play in the 70 minute to draw it up at 4. A disallowed goal (again by Brenner) in stoppage time nearly put FCC on top again for the win but the match ends in a 4-4 draw in what should have been a 6-5 FCC win, with Brenner scoring 5 goals (two disallowed)

• Like 2