Jump to content

North American Pro Soccer 2022


Brian in Boston
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Any chance Neymar would end up anywhere besides Miami, LA or New York?

 

Brazil star Neymar: I'd love to play in MLS after leaving Paris Saint-Germain | MLSSoccer.com

 

Maybe Chicago? One of the Texas teams?

 

You're probably right that Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo end up in the marquee markets, but it sure would be exciting if one of them ended up in a Charlotte, Austin, Columbus or, of course, Seattle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

Maybe Chicago? One of the Texas teams?

 

You're probably right that Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo end up in the marquee markets, but it sure would be exciting if one of them ended up in a Charlotte, Austin, Columbus or, of course, Seattle.

There's a marketing opportunity waiting to happen...  Cristiano Columbus

  • LOL 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's uncouth to think this way in MLS 5.0 but the Brazilian- and Portuguese-American markets remain largely untapped by MLS in the midst of the singular focus on converting Liga MX fans. Put those guys in Newark or Foxboro and we're in business (for the wrong reasons).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

Wonder if we knew the same guy.

My former Brazilian associate was a woman I had some classes with in college.  And yes, she was (and still is now in her mid-forties with kids) hot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

FS2 just bumped the Sounders CCL game 20 minutes in to play college basketball, with instruction to watch the game on the app.

 

Fox Sports can go to hell.

 

That's why MLS TV rights are up for grabs soon.  There should not be any more problems like this with their next national TV deal.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

That's why MLS TV rights are up for grabs soon.  There should not be any more problems like this with their next national TV deal.  

I think this is separate from the MLS, since it's a Concacaf competition, but even still I hadn't seen any advertising for it, and since my team's not involved it didn't really mean much to me this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve never seen anyone but the diehards pay attention to CCL. Could be many reasons for that, but curious to see how the Leagues Cup will be different.

 

Also, lol, NYCFC is playing their second-round home match in Hartford again. 

  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Digby said:

I’ve never seen anyone but the diehards pay attention to CCL. Could be many reasons for that, but curious to see how the Leagues Cup will be different.

 

Also, lol, NYCFC is playing their second-round home match in Hartford again. 

 

I can see that. You have to be pretty invested to understand what 1. CCL is and 2. why it matters. And also 3. why the US teams can't ever win it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

I can see that. You have to be pretty invested to understand what 1. CCL is and 2. why it matters. And also 3. why the US teams can't ever win it.

I still got a good giggle at all of the Mexican sides making fun of Santos Laguna for losing to "hockey club" Montreal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I’ve never seen anyone but the diehards pay attention to CCL. Could be many reasons for that, but curious to see how the Leagues Cup will be different.

 

Also, lol, NYCFC is playing their second-round home match in Hartford again. 

 

Back when I lived in Portland, it was much easier to get tickets to CCL matches than regular season matches, which I always presumed was because so many people figured it was an exhibition match. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

 

Back when I lived in Portland, it was much easier to get tickets to CCL matches than regular season matches, which I always presumed was because so many people figured it was an exhibition match. 

Yeah I found that with TFC too. Primarily playing weeknight games too plays a factor. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

A quick two goals from Vela in this first half. Good to see it after the past two years of nagging injuries.
 

A healthy Vela makes LAFC dangerous. 


And Vela makes it a hat-trick with a classic, vintage left-footed curler from Vela. 
 

Dale, Vela, dale. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.