North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

Quick question. What have you guys heard foreigners refer to MLS as?  I've heard some British youtubers call it "the MLS" for years now. Recently I've been hearing some foreigners call it "Major League" without the word soccer. Has anybody else heard that? Because to me that's more odd to hear than "the MLS" 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Quick question. What have you guys heard foreigners refer to MLS as?  I've heard some British youtubers call it "the MLS" for years now. Recently I've been hearing some foreigners call it "Major League" without the word soccer. Has anybody else heard that? Because to me that's more odd to hear than "the MLS" 🤷🏾‍♂️

I've heard them sat MLS (Sky Sports) or the MLS (everyone else), but never Major League. If they say the full name I've only heard Major League Soccer. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I've heard them sat MLS (Sky Sports) or the MLS (everyone else), but never Major League. If they say the full name I've only heard Major League Soccer. 

Well the way things are going right now MLS is the only "Major League" that is currently operating.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

19 hours ago, LMU said:

That second part is a big one. I wonder if anyone coming in would be hesitant to even have any discussions with the fan groups that are or aren't implicated by the time this investigation ends. Apparently the owners may have tried to deny deaths had occurred in the stadium to avoid being sued by families of victims. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Beautiful soccer weather in Foxboro tonight.

I went to the game -- stood in the supporters section so as to let surrounding body heat keep me warm. (Tickets were going for $10 on the broker sites.) Fun to see a game in the snow, more fun to see the Revolution totally dominate over Liga MX opposition. 

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 minutes ago, Digby said:

I went to the game -- stood in the supporters section so as to let surrounding body heat keep me warm. (Tickets were going for $10 on the broker sites.) Fun to see a game in the snow, more fun to see the Revolution totally dominate over Liga MX opposition. 

That's awesome.

MLS has been having a great showing so far this CCL season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 3/6/2022 at 8:17 PM, Dilbert said:

I got some news for you...

Got my MLL and PLL teams mixed up, Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/10/2022 at 8:00 AM, Digby said:

It should be interesting to see how New England does this year in CCL.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/6/2022 at 12:20 PM, 4_tattoos said:

I heard New Zealanders call MLS the "American Premiership" on occasion when I was there in 2003. Obviously, that was a lifetime ago. Not sure if they still call it this or not.

1 minute ago, BryanSmalls said:

I heard New Zealanders call MLS the "American Premiership" on occasion when I was there in 2003. Obviously, that was a lifetime ago. Not sure if they still call it this or not.

I like that name. “American Premiership” has a more dignified ring to it than MLS.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Digby said:

Didn't we fight a war to avoid that nonsense (and brand multiple MLS clubs after the imagery of said war)?

I assume this is the same war in which we got tired of paying taxes and tariffs to the Crown. Sadly enough, we still pay taxes.

Losing streak is over! FC Cincinnati gets a 2-1 win at Orlando tonight. They looked better last week in the last second loss to DC than they did tonight but Ill take it.

Also it was awfully kind of the Nashville supporters to take some time out from printing their tifos to let NYC borrow the printer for their championship banner🤣

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Signature intentionally left blank