North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

Congrats Cincinnati!

RSL came back from 2-0 to win 3-2 in the snow in Foxboro. Jozy got himself a goal too. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 3/12/2022 at 6:50 PM, DEAD! said:

We won the MLS Cup and all we got was this lousy banner

I assume this is a side effect of a team being a junior tenant in a stadium their majority owners don't control? 

I'm sure the objective here was to have something that could be removed and leave the Yankee aesthetic unsullied. But man, that's unfortunate. 

That's sincerely hilarious. As it easy as it is to despise City Football Group for franchise-colonization of the world's leagues as sportswashing, it's even better that their "partners" in the Yankees seem to be trying their best to sabotage the entire operation. It's almost slapstick. CFG's just gotta buy them out when they finally have a stadium, right?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Big couple days for FC Cincinnati. They win on Saturday and today the crosstown Reds handed the summer to them. I'm calling that a winning streak. If they can put together more wins this season then that's the exact set of circumstances that resulted in them blowing up in USL in 2016, except the Bengals don't suck like they did back then, but they're less direct competition. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

Club Querétaro could move to Sinaloa (msn.com)

Since the owners have to sell, they could see the team leave the state as well. Only difference with this and other name changes is that the others used to occur when a team got relegated instead of the owners getting out. 

22 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I assume this is a side effect of a team being a junior tenant in a stadium their majority owners don't control? 

I'm sure the objective here was to have something that could be removed and leave the Yankee aesthetic unsullied. But man, that's unfortunate. 

It's not even as big a s a beach towel which still isn't big enough for what it should be. I agree that being the junior tenant doesn't help, but the Yankees could have accommodated them much better than this. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

47 minutes ago, Digby said:

USL's new women's league is going to go to a fall-to-spring schedule. https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1215235

Feel like the USL men's leagues might be next?

As long as you don't mind being a primarily southern concern, that's fine, I guess.

I want to say that some of the USL Championship sides would be providing support for USL-W. That could mean that they plan to play most games down south from DEC-MAR to avoid cancellations. Even winter breaks in most countries in Europe last only a couple weeks. I'm guessing  most of their players would be U23 and below. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

USL's new women's league is going to go to a fall-to-spring schedule. https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1215235

Feel like the USL men's leagues might be next?

As long as you don't mind being a primarily southern concern, that's fine, I guess.

This seems like a pretty smart move from a competitive landscape perspective.

I can't recall exactly, but will the new Super League be considered the tier two women's league, much like USL Championship is to MLS? Or is it intended to be a direct competitor to the NWSL .

If it's the latter, setting your schedule to run in parallel with the European season is a smart way to draw attention to your product without the noise of a more established competitor. I'd assume this might also have ramifications as it relates to being a player in international transfer windows, but that's just a guess. 

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

I can't recall exactly, but will the new Super League be considered the tier two women's league, much like USL Championship is to MLS? Or is it intended to be a direct competitor to the NWSL .

If it's the latter, setting your schedule to run in parallel with the European season is a smart way to draw attention to your product without the noise of a more established competitor. I'd assume this might also have ramifications as it relates to being a player in international transfer windows, but that's just a guess. 

Super League is meant to be the same level as USL Championship

USL-Hierarchy-New-1920x1080__1_.jpg

Just now, Pharos04 said:

Super League is meant to be the same level as USL Championship

USL-Hierarchy-New-1920x1080__1_.jpg

Yes, I realize that, and I saw the same graphic. But can't how it ranks within the internal organizational structure be different from how USL is attempting to position it within the broader U.S. soccer landscape? Or was this league intended from the jump to be a second division? 

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Yes, I realize that, and I saw the same graphic. But can't how it ranks within the internal organizational structure be different from how USL is attempting to position it within the broader U.S. soccer landscape? Or was this league intended from the jump to be a second division? 

Appears to be an intentional DII League as USSF recognizes NWSL as the DI league

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I think it's that and also not having to worry about losing your top players for summer international tournaments. But we're back to the same story as this question with MLS, which is selling tickets in a lot of populous markets from December to March.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 7:50 PM, DEAD! said:

We won the MLS Cup and all we got was this lousy banner

Here's an image of the championship banner to get a better sense of how miniscule it is. Even the various sponsors are more noticeable than the banner.

spacer.png

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, BryanSmalls said:

Here's an image of the championship banner to get a better sense of how miniscule it is. Even the various sponsors are more noticeable than the banner.

spacer.png

They should have taken that NYCFC.com ad off and put the banner there. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Those "all MLS quarterfinal...?" thoughts totally jinxed it. Serves the dorks who root for MLS as an entity right.

Epic choke by the Revolution, blowing a 3-0 first leg lead. Should've expected this from a Bruce Arena/Omar Gonzalez/Jozy Altidore triumverate on foreign soil with high expectations. I'll never doubt Bruce Arena's resume but his Achilles heel, for many years now, has been a supremely overconfident refusal to adapt to circumstances. (Like for instance losing your first-choice centerbacks and goalkeeper for an away match in Mexico???)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

Those "all MLS quarterfinal...?" thoughts totally jinxed it. Serves the dorks who root for MLS as an entity right.

Epic choke by the Revolution, blowing a 3-0 first leg lead. Should've expected this from a Bruce Arena/Omar Gonzalez/Jozy Altidore triumverate on foreign soil with high expectations. I'll never doubt Bruce Arena's resume but his Achilles heel, for many years now, has been a supremely overconfident refusal to adapt to circumstances. (Like for instance losing your first-choice centerbacks and goalkeeper for an away match in Mexico???)

At least we know that New England can't due it on a cool night in Mexico, this just confirms the previous data.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Seattle is at Leon up 3-0 in aggregate. Game is on FS1 if people want to see the absolute worst in cynical soccer being played by Leon.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nice. 5 minute stoppage for the chant.

Does this happen anywhere else in soccer?

Not to this extent. I'm interested to see how long Concacaf will let that chant go when the USMNT play at Azteca next week. They let it go until minute 86 at Denver last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png