MLB 2022 by NashConcepts

NashConcepts

Hey again! I'm back after a long break-- I wanted to retry my MLB x Nike 2020 series once more, this time set in 2022.

MLB 

All Star Game 2022

National League East

Atlanta Braves (v1) (v2)

Philladelphia Phillies (v1) (v2)

Miami Marlins (v1) (v2)

New York Mets (v1) (v2)

First up is the All Star Game, set in LA. 

Enjoy!!

jdkiIsT.png

DQwUUNd.png

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119546-mlb-x-nike-2020-x-yankeebaseball0943f-mlb-finished/#comments

I like the new shades of red and blue together but I think the Phillies are one of those teams that needs a cursive script. The sans serif letters just seem too plain. Other things I like are the red pinstripes and the P on the Bell logo on the hat (just make it whatever P you choose in a cursive font)

I like the new shades as well, but when they touch on the sides of the pants and the sleeves they bleed together a bit. I also don't understand the design motivation that contrasts the round contours of the Liberty Bell with the sharper points of the sans serif font you are using; a script would be more cohesive from that point of view.

Better but I actually like the hat's P better than the script. You could try matching that P with the font on the front of the jersey. And I think a slightly thicker white outline would really help on the pinstripe jersey too. Also something unique that the Phillies do is add their Liberty Bell logo to the socks, something you could consider but obviously that's a nitpick. Overall you're really close, just a few more minor tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...

While we wait for some C&C on the Braves, here's our next team, the Marlins.  I based the set off of the current one, but recreating a Marlin I saw in one of the prototypes (third image in the tweet below) that got leaked in October of 2019.

kFvuvgd.pngFdLjKwv.png

(I couldn't decide if i wanted blue or red-ish accessories, so both are interchangable in this universe)

sHLLSDb.png

Braves: Not bad for wanting to put your own spin on the Braves, but the current Braves can't be improved upon IMO. Only if they ditched the all navy hat. 

Marlins: I prefer them in teal, but that's my personal preference. I do like the way you made them more colorful though, which is what I want for a Miami team. I'd like these even more if you could find a way to rely even less on black. 

Braves - I like the simple block "ATLANTA" lettering for the road set. Feels kind of Negro League-ish. If you're committed to double outlines on the home jersey script, I'd go navy and then white with a red outline. 

Marlins - If given a choice I'd prefer you emphasize the blue over "Caliente red" or whatever it's called. With how much red you used on the home uniform, there's hardly any on the road set. 

Mets - Orange scripts on the road jersey are a nice change of pace, but I would make the back numbers orange as well for consistency. The second image link appears to be broken. 

Archived