CFL 2022

GDAWG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

How is this new? Couldn't a player who is qualified to play quarterback already enter the game and line up as a wide receiver, the way the Dolphins used to use Jim Jensen?

Yeah, this doesn't seem novel. I wonder if this is more about removing language in the existing rulebook that might have otherwise prohibited this. A technical thing. Because I can't imagine there haven't been moments where a skill player who could also throw — Taysom Hill, Jim Jenson, Kordell Stewart, etc. etc. etc. — was deployed at some position other than QB. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's not looking good. Training camps are starting to get cancelled

• Hate 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, Jer15 said:

Well, it's not looking good. Training camps are starting to get cancelled

Have their rosters been affected by the USFL season, prior to the camps getting cancelled? I know the CFL is a step above the US spring leagues but I figure that since they are in the middle of the season instead of the end of it they may have issues getting backup players in. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Have their rosters been affected by the USFL season, prior to the camps getting cancelled? I know the CFL is a step above the US spring leagues but I figure that since they are in the middle of the season instead of the end of it they may have issues getting backup players in. 

It doesn't seem to be the case, no.

I suspect those guys are the level of player that gets a camp invite and they just wouldn't get the invite this year if they are tied up. I could see some of the better USFL players getting a look once the season is done (Assuming the CFL gets to play) but I guess this is all just talk because of the way things are playing out so far. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 9:37 PM, Magnus said:

Way to go, Punt-real!

Argos win home opener thanks to a missed field goal.

And lose in Week 3 by missing one themselves! Winnipeg has the blessings of the football gods this year. 

Montreal fired Khari Jones and replaced him with the GM. The TSN folks were pretty incredulous that Maciocia took the job instead of promoting coaches on the staff with more recent experience. 

And Calgary whipped the Elks 49-6. This year, so far, looks like it's Winnipeg, BC, and Calgary, and then a bunch of mediocre until they meet in the West Championship. Calgary returned a kickoff and missed field goal for touchdowns. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, Magnus said:

Yay Argos win!

I hope that Schooners franchise gets here soon though. 2 bye weeks in the first 6 weeks is just awful.

I think by now they need to just find another location that can support a 10th team, even if it's across the border, or another team sharing the same city as another CFL team. They keep saying facilities need improvement, but who's going to pay for it? I think MLFB will play a football game before this team ever does. And we know that's never going to happen.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png