Long Beach Boobies baseball

mcrosby

• mcrosby changed the title to Long Beach Boobies baseball
5 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I haven't yet, but I think I'd like to. Would a touch of yellow or orange liven these up some? 

I don't mind the orange but it was better just Blue/Mint Blue, white and black.

No actually i hate the orange.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

7 hours ago, mcrosby said:
  • Added a right wing and bat
  • updated the eyes
  • updated the feet
  • changed the stroke to orange
  • connected body to neck
  • countless other tinkerings most won't notice. 

I think the original eyes were better. The thick black outline just doesn't look right. If anything, the whites of the eyes should be a little larger, and no black outline is needed. They need that piercing, wide-eyed stare.

The orange is unnecessary, and it competes too much with the blue. Maybe limit it to the bat, and make the outline white?

Everything else looks great.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I think the original eyes were better. The thick black outline just doesn't look right. If anything, the whites of the eyes should be a little larger, and no black outline is needed. They need that piercing, wide-eyed stare.

The orange is unnecessary, and it competes too much with the blue. Maybe limit it to the bat, and make the outline white?

Everything else looks great.

And as for the eyes: I added the black outline because the white got lost without it. I think you're right about the piercing, wide-eyed,...dazed eyes are best for the Boobies. What do you think of these options?
Z8zh4Ts.png

7 hours ago, mcrosby said:

And as for the eyes: I added the black outline because the white got lost without it. I think you're right about the piercing, wide-eyed,...dazed eyes are best for the Boobies. What do you think of these options?
Z8zh4Ts.png

Definitely option three. The googly eyes one is kinda fun, but the straight on stare just works so well. As for the colorways, I do like the orange bat, but I think orange should be used very sparingly in the rest of the identity.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Seems like we're nearing some consensus. 

Now, I'm no bird scientist so I can't say for sure...but I think I read somewhere that blue-footed boobies are one of those rare species of birds that do have belly buttons. Strange. 

Ls10rWy.png

Q5GI9KY.png

I think the belly buttons may be taking the double entendre a little too far.  I takes it from fun minor league team to beer league team.

I prefer the black to the brown, but the brown doesn't look bad.

spacer.png

Archived