Infrared41's Best And Worst Presented by BBTV - 2021 Week 14

BBTV

No time for an intro.  You know how this works by now.

BEST

1. 49ers at Bengals

Maybe it's just '80s nostalgia, but this looked really good to me.  The Bengals really should wear black socks with that combo, and their pants still suck, but these teams looked really good against each other.

wiaq03oayvj5jn5zpows.jpg

2.  Bears at Packers

Yeah... unless GB is in throwbacks or the Bears are in white over white, this one will always make the list.

poykloug60wmuez6ey7d.jpg

3.  Browns 1.0 at Browns 2.0

Good on the Ravens for going with their purple pants.  I like the purple against the orange of the Browns.  Had Baltimore been in white or black pants, this one doesn't make it.

feby2k9levsqmnihoulv.jpg

4.  Raiders at Chiefs

Classic AFL matchup between two teams who haven't made any real modifications in half a century but still don't look old.

ulnzroukmwzwtaunvqie.jpg

Honorable Mention

Detroit at Denver

Not really a fan of either of these uniforms, but the colors look good against each other.  The issues with the Lions' socks have been beaten to death, and that's on full display here.

xghpbwaqrmwbe074rsn6.jpg

WORST

1. Rams at Cardinals

Full bone vs full red.  The only way this could have been worse is if the Cardinals had gone full black.  This was an absolute eyesore, and the uniforms really distracted from what was otherwise a good game.

USATSI_17353715.jpg?resize=1536,1022

2.  Pittsburgh at Minnesota

It's hard for the Steelers to end up on this list, but they have the Vikings to blame for this.  The Vikings look like complete clowns - so much so that it negates any positive impact that the Steelers presence in this game would have had.  Even worse, had the Vikings been in their regular uniforms, this probably ends up in the top 2 or 3 for the week.

tq7kx8hykdyykcfxfxio.jpg

Dishonorable Mention

Falcons at Panthers

Too.  Much.  Black.  I'm not sure there's any way for this matchup to look good, but different pants from either team would have at least saved it from getting a dishonorable mention.

pauj230tr4jiuo208zxq.jpg

Discuss.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn’t really like that particular combo for the Bengals, as the plain orange socks kind of clashed for me, since every other use of orange in the uniform included black stripes. I also don’t think their “Nemo” pants are worth using in any combo, the black stripes are always superior to me (obviously, an orange panel with black stripes would be ideal). Their colors played well off of the 49ers though.

I also really liked the Ravens’ purple pants against the Browns. Bears-Packers and Raiders-Chiefs are both classics.

Rams-Cardinals might not only be the worst matchup of the week, or even the year, it might be one of the worst matchups of all time (that would be an interesting topic). As you said, it could have only been made worse with the Cardinals wearing black. Still, these are the two worst uniforms in the NFL, made all the more disappointing because of how both teams have much better uniforms in their pasts.

I didn’t hate Steelers-Vikings, although it would have been better if the Vikings wore their regular uniforms. I’d say Falcons-Panthers was probably worse in my eyes because of the abundance of black.

My list for this week:

Best

1. Ravens at Browns

2. Bears at Packers

3. Raiders at Chiefs

Honorable Mentions

1. 49ers at Bengals

2. Lions at Broncos

Worst

1. Rams at Cardinals

2. Falcons at Panthers

Falcons-Panthers looked worse than Vikes-Steelers to me.  But nothing from this week was close to the Rams-Cardinals debacle.  Had the Cardinals went with all-black (a depressingly realistic possibility) it might've been the worst-looking matchup in multiple years.  It was that bad.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Falcons-Panthers looked worse than Vikes-Steelers to me.  But nothing from this week was close to the Rams-Cardinals debacle.  Had the Cardinals went with all-black (a depressingly realistic possibility) it might've been the worst-looking matchup in multiple years.  It was that bad.

BC31-DED2-C204-49-D7-8859-99822-A9744-CF

How soon we forget..

8 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

How soon we forget..

Please remove that picture or at least spoiler tag it - it's like looking at a gruesome injury.  It's just too much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

[redacted for everyone’s benefit]

How soon we forget..

Oh wow, that has to be the worst uniform matchup of all-time, doesn’t it? It’s at least in the running. As I said, two of the worst uniforms in the NFL, and in some of their worst possible combos in that case (the Cardinals’ regular black alternate would be slightly worse, in my opinion).

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Oh wow, that has to be the worst uniform matchup of all-time, doesn’t it? It’s at least in the running. As I said, two of the worst uniforms in the NFL, and in some of their worst possible combos in that case (the Cardinals’ regular black alternate would be slightly worse, in my opinion).

At least that jersey has white numbers, so they're legible from a distance

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 hours ago, leopard88 said:

At least that jersey has white numbers, so they're legible from a distance

spacer.png

That’s fair, I never liked how little red that jersey has though. I like the red striping on the Color Rush better. 

At that point it boils down to personal taste though. I think we can agree no matter which black jersey they choose, it still results in a pretty awful matchup.

Archived