Worst NFL Uniform Matchups of All-Time

MJD7

1 hour ago, Jamesizzo said:

spacer.png

Cardinals @ Vikings Week 9 2010

Funny story about that game. The Vikings only wore purple pants in that game because they knew Brad Childress hated them and were in the midst of a borderline mutiny against him. They also wore them again the next week on the road in Chicago. (He was fired the following week after a blowout loss at home to GB in white pants)

The white jerseys of those uniforms were designed to be worn with purple pants but almost never were, probably because of Childress. In the 7 year history of those uniforms purple pants were only worn 5x in the regular season. 3x on the road (twice in 06, the inaugural year of them, then once in 2010 as mentioned above) and 2x mono purple (once in 07 and the above).

• Like 8

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

Some of the color rush matchups were worse.

I honestly didn’t hate any of these (colorblind issues notwithstanding), definitely not as much as Rams-Cardinals.

If you give contrasting pants to any of those teams, I think they’re actually pretty nice color-vs.-color matchups. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

If you give contrasting pants to any of those teams, I think they’re actually pretty nice color-vs.-color matchups. 

if you give my aunt balls, she becomes my uncle. Doesn’t change the fact that she’s my aunt. 

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, BBTV said:

Some of the color rush matchups were worse.

636589849916774334-ketchup-mustard.jpg

Color-Rush-jets-Bills-NFL-11-13-15.jpg

8749398.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,off

I don't think any of these are nearly as bad. The most recent Rams-Cardinals game combines two horribly designed uniforms with the bonus of monochrome. Plus bone. Plus red numbers on BFBS jerseys. All of these above have at least one team in a decent jersey if nothing else. 

That Cardinals - Vikings matchup above is right up there though.

• Like 3

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

@BBTV Fair enough. My point of that was to say that the actual colors of the uniforms and the designs of the jerseys mostly aren’t bad, I’d even say they’re visually appealing, especially the Titans’ columbia blue against the Jags’ gold. @throwuascenario put it nicely, pointing out that not only are the colors more bland in Rams-Cardinals (dishwater gray vs. black), but both uniforms are about as poorly designed as it gets.

Those Broncos-Browns and Browns-Bucs games are definitely contenders, though.

Wow I had totally forgotten about those ridiculous Rams uniforms.  Pretty much anything involving those is immediately in the conversation.  

WTF were they thinking changing the helmet when they passed on changing the rest of the uniform?  Just a totally ridiculous move.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."