Worst NFL Uniform Matchups of All-Time

MJD7

I'm noticing a trend here, Cardinals...

(I'm genuinely curious, and I don't know if we can answer this just by speculating: A lot of these feature monochrome looks. Does this indicate a general panning of monochrome football uniforms? Or is this a more-traditional bias among the board's members?)

15 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

spacer.png

The first matchup was much less offensive imo

This picture contains the rarest of sights--the side panel and pant stripe actually line up (Cardinals lineman on the right).  It's like getting a photo of Bigfoot

• Like 8

On 12/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, throwmesomepics said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

These are all great examples, Browns-Bengals might take the cake as not only being a matchup between two less-than-stellar uniforms, but also being an absolute eyesore to watch. It perfectly exemplifies my point in the 2021 NFL Matchups thread about the need for contrast.

Jaguars-Titans is another great example of that; even though those particular combos are among each team’s best, the teal and the light blue just clash in a way that makes it tough to watch.

Just out of curiosity, was that Bengals-Bucs game in the preseason? I don’t recall ever seeing them pair the white pants with the red jersey during that era, especially with the red “stripe.”

• Like 4

21 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Just out of curiosity, was that Bengals-Bucs game in the preseason? I don’t recall ever seeing them pair the white pants with the red jersey during that era, especially with the red “stripe.”

Pre-season 2017

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=2017_TB-CIN^p1

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just had to come to this thread to post the greatest failure in color contrast in NFL history

spacer.png

Whether you like the Lions' grey uniforms or not, you have to admit that they shouldn't have worn them against the Raiders of all opponents.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

Don't know if this one has been mentioned, but there is no other answer that should be considered. These are the two worst uniforms of all time by a mile and met up once during their 2 seasons of overlap.

spacer.png

It's bad but it's (marginally) better than many uniform matchups these days because these teams are wearing proper pants/socks combos in their primary colors. I'll take this any day of the week over these disasters:

Blue team vs gold team

spacer.png

Teal team vs orange team

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

It's bad but it's (marginally) better than many uniform matchups these days because these teams are wearing proper pants/socks combos in their primary colors. I'll take this any day of the week over these disasters:

Blue team vs gold team

spacer.png

Teal team vs orange team

spacer.png

We'll just have to disagree to agree. I'd take a decent jersey paired with unfortunate pants and socks over a horrid jersey any day of the week.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...