New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys & Court Concept

pelicanfan

Hello this is my first time really doing anything of this scale. I'm a pelicans fan and always felt like the team could use an upgrade. So i came up with my own jersey designs and spiced up the court a  little bit. I really wanted to focus on the fancy/french inspired side of new orleans. After all it is the french-est city in the country. (also ignore any small little mistakes i made all of this on my phone so it's a little rushed)

9-DDB904-C-C66-F-4-AC8-BC27-ADE452-AE592

---

i took the "new orleans" wordmark directly from the main logo and took the "pelicans" wordmark and extended the first and last letters to match. i thought it gave a nice little resemblance to the bridge of new orleans. i also put a small logo right below the collar to resemble a mardi gras bead. also added wrought iron designs on the front and back shoulders. 

D48090-F9-8259-4-D4-A-888-F-22640-A24-B1

for the sides i used lines that resembled wrought iron fences. and in between there are three fleur de lis to honor the new orleans flag. on the shorts i extended the wrought iron fence lines but in between is a french translation of new orleans 

70-B55831-63-F0-4-CE7-8-C2-E-43-DC14-C33

and basically for the court i used the current pelicans court design but gave much needed contrast to the wood. i then incorporated the pattern of the jerseys onto the border. and on the mid court i used the fleur de lis logo to really capture the theme of new orleans. in total there's three different pelicans logos on the court. 

F0-A40-B2-D-CF94-4030-A970-4-FE1458-BF6-

Spoiler

someone on instagram suggested i add wrought iron to the corners of the court so here's that version (i made the pattern a bit more subtle)  69-DFC726-13-C8-466-E-ADBB-9111076-C073-

IMG-7122.gif

Really like the use of the floral pattern; very unorthodox to have it across the entire jersey, but it's quite nice!

I love the idea to use the NO logo as a bead; really tastefully done. Putting the wrought-iron design on the shoulder is also a really good placement so it doesn't dominate the uniform too much.

I wonder if a hint of it somewhere on the shorts would be nice or excessive.

Not really sure I'm on board with the rotated wordmark on the shorts. Maybe I'd just remove it entirely, or possibly replace it more fleur-de-lys (though I think that would look too 76ers...) I think that, regardless, you should have a logo on the shorts (I guess the Bird-de-lys).

The court is solid, but I'm feeling conflicted about the woodgrain design. On the one hand, it's kinda nice how the beak points to the basket, and the whole design fills the space very well. On the other hand, it's definitely too dark for my taste, and that logo feels a tad complex for woodgrain.

My instinct would be to try the Crescent / basketball logo engrained in the free throw circle, OR using the floral pattern throughout the 2-point area and using the wrought-iron on the sidelines. That said, maybe neither of those ideas would look as complete.

Anyways, that's a lot of nitpicking, but you've done some good work here!

The pattering of the uniform fabric reminds me of what the Orlando Magic used to do, and I loved and miss that. If these used the old dazzle fabric as well it would look even better.  The brighter colors are an upgrade, and the accents you added to the uniforms really give the team some local personality. This would be an upgrade from what they wear now

Archived