Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

5 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

3 stars is likely representative of their 3 Super Bowls. The circle on the back has me intrigued, has to be a logo.

Still most worried about the white uniform and how gradients are definitely on it.

Or as the Washington Capitals use it to represent MD, DC, VA

or 

The 3 stars on the DC Flag

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

What I'm seeing in the uniform part:

Burgundy jersey w/ yellow numbers and white outline. Collar is all burgundy. Names are yellow. Sleeve stripes are 

Three stars inside the collar

Burgundy pants

White jersey has a gradient-effect on  the sleeve w/ a solid burgundy next to small burgundy squares right below it, burgundy name

Numbers have a gradient effect, where the burgundy is solid in the middle, with larger white squares towards the top & bottom. Black outline

Helmet 1 looks like a Satin burgundy with formidable yellow logos on the side and a single yellow stripe. Yellow mask. Not a two-tone stripe, its just lighting.

Helmet 2 looks like it's all black. the logo has a yellow base with a thin burgundy outline. 

I'm getting nervous, this has the makings of new gimmick set rather than a traditional classic (Which is a shame because the WFT team has had a steady classic look)

Look at 5:54. It's 100% not lighting. It's a 2-tone stripe. If it is indeed a helmet that is final.

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

"one of the main helmets"

oh dear god...

Yep, sadly the floodgates on alternate helmets are about to open. I'm expecting a lot of black, white and even gray alternate helmets to start making there way into the NFL. This is going to suck.

I liked the glimpses we got from the home and road uniform and the main helmet. I was hoping for them to keep their classic uniforms and just throw the new logo on the helmet but I knew Nike wouldn't allow that, plus I knew they would go with a "custom" font even though block is the best, especially for a classic team.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Really not liking the perforations in the numbers.  I hope that's not part of some new "ultra light" template.  

Bracing for the Nikespeak on this project.  "each of the mesh perforations represents one of the names that our fans, the best fans in the world, submitted to us as suggestions".

I think that's the laser perforations they have been using for Oregon. They seem smaller so you wouldn't notice from a distance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ptaylor said:

Man, there better be some gold on that away uniform.

Just came here to say that.

I find it weird that there’s no gold shown. I know the whole alt helmet thing is for alternate uniforms only, but it’s weird that the team president presented Rivera with “one of the main helmets”. It makes me think that because it’s an entirely new identity, the team got an exemption.

• Like 5

The black helmet they showed had gold in whatever logo or number was on it. If the yellow isn't on the sleeves, or numbers, what's left? 

I don't dislike the burgundy uniform to what I've seen, but this white uniform and black helmet screams disaster

• Like 8

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The burgundy jersey looks amazing, but the white one not so much. I do love the faux mesh look. I’m just hoping we don’t get plain stripe-less pants.

Complete with all-white socks!

FIRE

ICY 

• Like 6

That burgundy jersey looks promising. Between the ratio of the yellow stripes and the stars, it appears they're leaning into the DC flag imagery, which I'm down for. I'm skeptical about the possibility of black helmets and gradient mesh on the away, I hope they don't pull an Iowa State and waste their historic color scheme with all-black or anthracite alternates. I imagine the logos or name will be leaked from trademark files or something similar pretty soon, but I'm excited to see what the new identity will look like. If the Burgundy jersey isn't any more complicated than it seems, and the white jerseys match, then this redesign looks very promising, black helmet notwithstanding. Can't wait to see more, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 7

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns