Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

On 4/22/2022 at 7:37 AM, Typhoon said:

Im not someone who has any sort of photoshop ability but can anyone mock up each jersey with a different pant/sock combination?

I’m just curious the possible improvement with the right combo. Not saying it’s going to save this look but anything other than mono will help it somewhat. 

I’d also be curious to see how the new helmet looks with last year’s uniforms. 

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

There is no chance these last more than the minimum five years. 

With Snyder looking more and more likely to take a fall, I could see another name change in the sake of "turning the page". It's completely possible that the league grants them an exemption from the 5 year rule and we get he Red Tails identity we deserve.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Krona said:

With Snyder looking more and more likely to take a fall, I could see another name change in the sake of "turning the page". It's completely possible that the league grants them an exemption from the 5 year rule and we get he Red Tails identity we deserve.

Honestly at this point I think they should just stick with the name. It's not THAT bad, and changing the name again will just make it even more of a joke than it is. Keep the name, just change the uniforms to be good and...well...uniform.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

No matter now hard they try with different angles, the white still sucks

Dot matrix! In 2022! 

DOT MATRIX! 

It's like someone from 1976 designed THE FOOTBALL UNIFORM OF THE FUTURE!

Just now, PaleVermilion81 said:

Honestly at this point I think they should just stick with the name. It's not THAT bad, and changing the name again will just make it even more of a joke than it is. Keep the name, just change the uniforms to be good and...well...uniform.

Agreed. The name is alright. And while I can see a new owner wanting a fresh start with new unis I don't see the NFL willing to go through another rebrand in such a short time span. 

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Commanders really should’ve went the Maryland route with faux-mesh

spacer.png

Is this their consistent uniform or the one of 75 different ones they wore over the the past years being Under Armour's Oregon. 

30 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Is this their consistent uniform or the one of 75 different ones they wore over the the past years being Under Armour's Oregon. 

Maryland has been consistent with their uniforms the past few years. Notably using this design with minor tweaks for the vast majority of games-

spacer.png

Anytime they don’t use those uniforms, it’s mainly throwbacks.

They’ve strayed away from being UA’s Oregon. They don’t wear a new uniform every game or try to be the next best innovation in uniform design.

Oregon usual fails on that front. Failing to put out a consistent design on the field like Maryland.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Maryland has been consistent with their uniforms the past few years. Notably using this design with minor tweaks for the vast majority of games-

spacer.png

Anytime they don’t use those uniforms, it’s mainly throwbacks.

They’ve strayed away from being UA’s Oregon. They don’t wear a new uniform every game or try to be the next best innovation in uniform design.

Oregon usual fails on that front. Failing to put out a consistent design on the field like Maryland.

Depends on your definition of "consistent", I guess. Having three different color jerseys and three different color pants for a possible 9 combinations and then tossing in the occasional throwback doesn't strike everybody as exactly being consistent.  But I guess the fact that they have only one (non-throwback) helmet, and their 6 different uniform pieces have the same basic template makes them somewhat less out-there than a lot of CFB teams.  Sadly.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Those are my favorites (though I’d prefer the Terps script on them) but the OG Maryland pride helmets are second. 

Every alternation on the original design that doesn’t take up the whole helmet looks way worse. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

OT, but I'm still praying to the football gods for Maryland to ditch those helmets. These were far superior flag helmets

HELMET BUILD - Maryland Terps Gets Blacked Out - YouTube

Never understood these. Based on the angle they are presented, are they suppose to mimic wings like with the Philadelphia Eagles? Also, Maryland's flag is and has always been rectangular... It shouldn't be in the shape of a swallowtail. Just my nitpick.

• Like 2

Might as well add to this conversation that the Nationals have been a mess uniform wise the past few years (are they blue? red? Is it the curly W or the block W? White panel hats? What hats with what jerseys?) and just totally #DCJack this thread.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Might as well add to this conversation that the Nationals have been a mess uniform wise the past few years (are they blue? red? Is it the curly W or the block W? White panel hats? What hats with what jerseys?) and just totally #DCJack this thread.

#TerpJacked

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17