Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

24 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Take it with a grain of salt because it's a wiki, but this page is showing the Commanders "current uniforms" with a gold pants option.

(my usual method of right clicking and selecting copy image isn't working right now, so do some minor footwork and scroll down to see it)

Washington Commanders | American Football Wiki | Fandom

1000?cb=20220225011423

It's not working for me either-- then again, Verizon's network isn't working for me right now either, haha-- but I'll take your word for it.

31 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I feel 100% safe in saying the NFL would not allow a team to have loose strands of tape across the front of the helmets. The tape is just there for identification purposes during camp. Teams at all levels of football do that. 

Interesting tidbit of trivia about this: according to NFL Films, apparently, none other than the expansion soon-to-be-0-26 Tampa Bay Buccaneers started that trend during their first minicamp,  since no one really knew who anyone was at the time. Funny (yet still practical) that it's become a full-blown thing now. 

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Interesting tidbit of trivia about this: according to NFL Films, apparently, none other than the expansion soon-to-be-0-26 Tampa Bay Buccaneers started that trend during their first minicamp,  since no one really knew who anyone was at the time. Funny (yet still practical) that it's become a full-blown thing now. 

NFL Films would be wrong on that account. I don't know WHEN this began, but here's a link to the Packers doing it for a rookie in 1972.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/jerry-tagge-wearing-don-hutsons-number-14-green-bay-packers-spring-training-camp-in-1972-with-bart-starr-and-scott-hunter--454652524873530138/

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I feel 100% safe in saying the NFL would not allow a team to have loose strands of tape across the front of the helmets. The tape is just there for identification purposes during camp. Teams at all levels of football do that. The commanders just got a little fancy and did it with team colored tape. Nothing more than that.

The Dallas Cowboys are actually the only NFL team with dymo tape of the players name on the back of their helmet. It's been there for decades.

103866199_original.jpg?1291769432

This feature is also present in Madden, which is pretty surprising to me that they would get such a small detail that nobody would usually notice. However due to "limitations" with the game it says "D. COWBOYS" instead of the name and number.

70314_h_0.jpg

Now that I got that out of the way, the Commanders helmet is most likely a Training Camp thing.

• Like 7

bSLCtu2.png

On 5/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, kmccarthy27 said:

I really really really hope she did not lean into the military theme with the marching band uniforms

I am sure she will since that is the emphasis of the ir new name. It won't look good. I doubt it is very unique. 

54 minutes ago, walkerws said:

I am sure she will since that is the emphasis of the ir new name. It won't look good. I doubt it is very unique. 

Well considering the uniqueness of the Commanders football unis and how they look like garbage, it might look good if it's not unique. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Honestly the home look isn't bad. The numbers could be better, but these actually look kinda good. Probably because you can't see the burgundy pants, but these photos look fine

Maybe not completely horrible from the waist up, but the all burgundy pants and socks will make this a garbage look on the field.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The home and road uniforms aren't terrible (they're not good, either), but they don't look like they belong to the Professional Football Team from Washington, DC. They look like an expansion team. 

A team from a sub-par movie is how I see them.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks exactly like one of those awful mix n match college uniforms where they shoehorn in white pieces for no reason.

USATSI_16687676-1536x1006.jpg
usa_today_17242539.0.jpg

I was kinda gunning for the Commies to go all white for the home opener at least so I could see the Jags in teal for an extra game, but if this holds we’re definitely seeing all white from their side, which makes the game a total bust.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

FUVPoFCXoAM87-d?format=jpg&name=medium

You know what...if they were to either mimic the sleeve stripe on the pants (but with burgundy in place of white), that'd actually be a really nice home-field look. 

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Doesn’t work for me. The gold numbers are asking for gold pants.  Gold numbers with all white from the waist down looks severely unbalanced to me.

Well yeah, but...

1959-los-angeles-rams-art-row-one-brand.

pittsburgh-steelers-bobby-layne-bettmann

As a relic to throwback looks of times past, I can rock with it. (That is, if the 32s put some proper stripes on them...)

• Like 8

8 hours ago, burgundy said:

The only passable uniform combo they have. Unfortunately, the blank white pants keep it from actually being a good uniform combo.

They could still use the previous white pants with the b/g stripe and be completely okay

• Like 2