2022 International (National Teams) Soccer/Football Kits

MJWalker45

New year, new thread for national team kits. Should be plenty coming later this year with the World Cup in Qatar on the horizon.

The first major international tournament of the year kicks off on Sunday with the COVID-delayed Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon. I wrote a kit recap for the mothership, but here are some images in case you don't feel like clicking and scrolling. Some are new and some are carried over from 2021; info for smaller nations can be hard to come by, so please let me know if anything has changed.

afcon-2021-LOGO-_-MATCH-BALL-1.png

afcon-2021-ALGERIA-1.png

afcon-2021-BURKINA-FASO-1.png

afcon-2021-CAMEROON-1.png

afcon-2021-CAPE-VERDE-1.png

afcon-2021-COMOROS-1.png

afcon-2021-EGYPT-1.png

afcon-2021-EQUITORIAL-GUINEA-1.png

afcon-2021-ETHIOPIA-1.png

afcon-2021-GABON-1.png

afcon-2021-GAMBIA-1.png

afcon-2021-GHANA-1.png

afcon-2021-GUINEA-1.png

afcon-2021-GUINEA-BISSAU-1.png

afcon-2021-IVORY-COAST-1-1.png

afcon-2021-MALAWI-1.png

afcon-2021-MALI-1.png

afcon-2021-MAURITANIA-1.png

afcon-2021-MOROCCO-1.png

afcon-2021-NIGERIA-1.png

afcon-2021-SENEGAL-1.png

afcon-2021-SIERRA-LEONE-1.png

afcon-2021-SUDAN-1.png

afcon-2021-TUNISIA-1.png

afcon-2021-ZIMBABWE-1-1.png

Update to the AFCON shirts above: Malawi broke out new kits for their opening match vs. Guinea today. Here's an updated graphic ...

afcon-2021-MALAWI-2.png

Malawi wore the green away kits against Guinea, who wore red.

Apparently these kits were first unveiled back in October, but there were problems with production in China and Vietnam, partly due to "a backlog of shipments overseas arising from COVID-19 complications." The Malawi FA managed to get the kits fast-tracked to Cameroon in time for today's match.

Another update, even though it feels a bit like I'm shouting into the void here ...

Despite social media posts showing players in kits made by Solo Sport in the lead-up to AFCON, Sudan came out for their first match today against Guinea-Bissau wearing red adidas kits. And a photo posted to the national team's Twitter account shows a player wearing a predominantly white adidas away kit.

afcon-2021-SUDAN-2.png

12 hours ago, officeglenn said:

afcon-2021-SUDAN-2.png

Oh man, those kits are from 2013, red one is Tiro 13 and white one is Toque 13. I'm kinda suprised to see those designs again is action especially that I like both of them when they came out (Steve Mandanda!).

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Oh man, those kits are from 2013, red one is Tiro 13 and white one is Toque 13. I'm kinda suprised to see those designs again is action especially that I like both of them when they came out (Steve Mandanda!).

So it appears that Sudan wore the Tiro 13s in the first half against Guinea-Bissau, and then switched to a Tiro 17 template for the second half? Both had AFCON patches, though. Getty Images gallery here.

Footy Headlines has a story about the designer of the Solo Sport kits reportedly getting stiffed by the company, which may have something to do with the change. 

Add The Gambia to the list of nations that unexpectedly broke out a new kit. They played today in a new red home kit that's basically a reverse of the white away kit that manufacturer Saller had previously listed for sale on their website.

Updated graphic:

afcon-2021-GAMBIA-3.png

Also, I had the home and third kits mixed up for Equitorial Guinea. They wore their red kits as the home team today against Ivory Coast, who wore their white away kits. After a little research, it seems this is the usual setup for EG: red home, white away, blue third.

afcon-2021-EQUITORIAL-GUINEA-2.png

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Add The Gambia to the list of nations that unexpectedly broke out a new kit. They played today in a new red home kit that's basically a reverse of the white away kit that manufacturer Saller had previously listed for sale on their website.

Updated graphic:

afcon-2021-GAMBIA-3.png

So now they have two teamwears instead of special kit forhome (or at least I didn't found that model in catalogs)

4r2eer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Comoros had all three GKs test positive for COVID before their match with Cameroon on Monday, so they put a defender in net. They made up a GK kit for him with the number 16 (previously assigned to a backup GK), but it looks like they had to tape over it with the defender's assigned number 3.

Archived