NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

Seems like they're going to throw everything at Flores.  That's a creaky rope bridge, however, with Watson's status anything but certain.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Seems like the Bears saw how crappy the Lions treat their former players and said “Hold my beer”. Olin Kreutz was allegedly offered $15/hr to be a player consultant for the Bears. For reference, that is the minimum wage in Illinois.

Coincidentally, there were reports going around today that the Lions and Megatron situation was "fixed" of sorts. At the very least, Calvin had been posting pictures of himself at Ford Field and playfully mentioned getting season tickets.

Not saying the team didn't completely botch that relationship, but Calvin even mentioning the team and being there at least seems like progress. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Nor should there be.

The only path McDickface has to ever becoming an NFL head coach is taking over New England when BB retires in 2045

If he does it again, there will probably be an NFL rule named after him where after a coach accepts and then backs out of a head coaching gig twice, he should not get anymore chances to be a head coach in the NFL ever.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

If he does it again, there will probably be an NFL rule named after him where after a coach accepts and then backs out of a head coaching gig twice, he should not get anymore chances to be a head coach in the NFL ever.  

I honestly dare ANY team to hire McDaniels. He was gawd awful as HC in Denver and then him putting the screws to Indy. This clown is TOXIC.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

That would probably be illegal.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, heavybass said:

Texans sack Culley, will go for Flores.

I’m late to this, but this has all the stink of Culley being a scapegoat and set up for failure. The Texans had no business winning any games at all this season, and somehow Culley got four out them. Seems like he was getting only one year and the axe no matter how many games he won and how much he made out of a truly bad situation (and he did a commendable job at both).

No matter who they hire, that franchise is still a dumpster fire and it’s going to take some serious change and time for them to get out of thier pit. 

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

45 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m late to this, but this has all the stink of Culley being a scapegoat and set up for failure. The Texans had no business winning any games at all this season, and somehow Culley got four out them. Seems like he was getting only one year and the axe no matter how many games he won and how much he made out of a truly bad situation (and he did a commendable job at both).

No matter who they hire, that franchise is still a dumpster fire and it’s going to take some serious change and time for them to get out of thier pit. 

The team that benefitted most from the Texans hiring David Culley was the Ravens. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 1/13/2022 at 3:15 PM, heavybass said:

Texans sack Culley, will go for Flores.

If I’m Brian Flores, why would I want to coach the Texans? He’d be a great hire by them, but if he thought the Dolphins were bad? Imagine dealing with Beavis and Butthead with a Christian veneer as your bosses. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

If I’m Brian Flores, why would I want to coach the Texans? He’d be a great hire by them, but if he thought the Dolphins were bad? Imagine dealing with Beavis and Butthead with a Christian veneer as your bosses. 

Lower expectations in Houston.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

Are they when they fire a coach after 1 season?

I don't think one-season guys count.

Also, the Texans are super weird and are managed by a religious nutjob.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Mike Florio on Pro Football Talk has said that he thinks the Cowboys will do everything they can to keep Kellen Moore, including designating him "Head Coach in waiting" like they did with Jason Garrett when they hired Wade Phillips. 

Here's who Matt Rhule is interested in as Panthers OC:

- Former Washington Head Coach Jay Gruden

- Alabama OC Bill O'Brien

- Former Vikings OC Clint Kubiak

- Colts WR Coach Mike Groh

- Texans OC Pep Hamilton

- Rams OC Kevin O'Connell

• Like 1