NFL '22 Offseason: Hirings, firings, signings, trades, cuts and cap hits on parade

CS85

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Numbers 2 & especially 3.. 🥴🥴

HIGHEST PAID QBs:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Kyler Murray

3. Deshaun Watson

4. Patrick Mahomes

5. Josh Allen

Eh - a lot of it is based on when a contract comes due

It's where I sit.

The NFL should have a separate cap slot for "franchise QB" that doesn't count against the cap.  A team shouldn't be penalized for drafting a star QB by having to pay him and then be hindered elsewhere.

Not that Kyler Murray is a star QB - he's trash and the Cardinals are dumb.  For the Eagles, I don't expect Jalen Hurts to show that he's a $40M/year franchise QB, but the Eagles have kindasorta made it known that there's no middle ground - he's either the true franchise QB, or he's gone as soon as he becomes expensive.  They're either going to pay their QB everything, or pay him nothing.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Lamar seeing all these QBs getting boatloads of money. 

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

I shouldn't have laughed at that as hard as I did.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 hours ago, BBTV said:

The NFL should have a separate cap slot for "franchise QB" that doesn't count against the cap.  A team shouldn't be penalized for drafting a star QB by having to pay him and then be hindered elsewhere.

Not that Kyler Murray is a star QB - he's trash and the Cardinals are dumb.  For the Eagles, I don't expect Jalen Hurts to show that he's a $40M/year franchise QB, but the Eagles have kindasorta made it known that there's no middle ground - he's either the true franchise QB, or he's gone as soon as he becomes expensive.  They're either going to pay their QB everything, or pay him nothing.

Why should Green Bay get more money to spend if they wasted $50 million on Rodgers. If he really wants to win he can take less to get better WRs in the door. Granted that means Green Bay leadership needs to make better choices too.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why should Green Bay get more money to spend if they wasted $50 million on Rodgers. If he really wants to win he can take less to get better WRs in the door. Granted that means Green Bay leadership needs to make better choices too.

No worker in any industry should "have to take less".

Short of full-on collusion, star QBs are going to continue to be paid more.  No team should be penalized for developing a guy or drafting well.  They shouldn't have to choose to keep the QB over someone else they developed.  I get the point of the cap, but the economics of the game have changed dramatically since the early '90s, but the cap rules haven't really adapted much - if at all.

Some teams are really good at "finding money" and rigging the cap, but at some point it's not sustainable, and QBs are simply different than other players on teams.  It's time the league and union acknowledge that.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

All these QBs  breaking the bank also shows what an enigma Brady is. 

One of the greatest QBs ever, and he never demanded to be paid like it.  

Not every QB marries a wife who outearns him.

I think it's just the one, really.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

All these QBs  breaking the bank also shows what an enigma Brady is. 

One of the greatest QBs ever, and he never demanded to be paid like it.  

Having a wife who makes that much a month helped.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

No worker in any industry should "have to take less".

Short of full-on collusion, star QBs are going to continue to be paid more.  No team should be penalized for developing a guy or drafting well.  They shouldn't have to choose to keep the QB over someone else they developed.  I get the point of the cap, but the economics of the game have changed dramatically since the early '90s, but the cap rules haven't really adapted much - if at all.

Some teams are really good at "finding money" and rigging the cap, but at some point it's not sustainable, and QBs are simply different than other players on teams.  It's time the league and union acknowledge that.

Making a special category for one position in a team sport makes no sense either. MLS does this in soccer, but no other league does that. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Kyler Murray's new contract literally stipulates he must watch 4 hours of film per week, And no, Madden doesn't count. 🤣

It says independent film study. Who is going to track that he’s doing it on his own. It’s just a check mark that he has to do with no way of verifying if he actually did it

• Like 1