College Football 2022

MJWalker45

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Done deal. Meeting with Bearcats at 1. Presser in Madison at 4.

Interesting hire.  I guess I am happy about it because the offensive approach needs to be overhauled and I don’t think that was going to happen under Leonard. On the other hand if Fickel is successful enough Wisconsin will be a stepping stone again.  Jimmy would not carry that risk.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, FiddySicks said:

Speaking of has beens, ASU’s new hire shows they should probably just drop down to FCS at this point. 

I’m not against the hire, but at the same time I’m not screaming. We didn’t go old and he is at least an up and coming OC. He’s not Dennis Erickson or Herm Edwards. I am Willing to give him a year and see what he can do

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Fickell rumored for Wisconsin in the last hour or so

I was joking. Ryan Day isn't going anywhere....yet. If he loses to Michigan again next year, he should probably update his resume.

Fickell is a nice move for the Badgers. He'll have them back in the mix in no time.

BB52Big.jpg

44 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Successful NFL coaches don't leave the pros for college.

Jim Harbaugh is probably the only real outlier here. Are there others?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Jim Harbaugh is probably the only real outlier here. Are there others?

Ya, Harbaugh is really the only one I can come up with.

And it's not like Harbaugh left the Niners to go to Michigan. He was out of work. He could definitely still come back to the pros. I think he was close to going to the Vikings last offseason, but they decided he was too crazy.

6uXNWAo.png

On 11/26/2022 at 10:41 AM, Gary said:

Matt Rhule is the next Head Coach at Nebraska.  I like the move, but with Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State in the East. I can see them winning the West. But just can’t see them beating any of three mentioned teams to win the Big Ten 

I think it's a step in the right direction. There's a lot of apprehension, but I don't think we could have gotten a better hire at this point, everyone else we were considering either doesn't fit the culture the athletic program wants to install or did not perform well as the season went on. I remain cautiously optimistic, but as long as Husker fans don't get their expectations up too much, I think Rhule will get us back on track, given his track record of rebuilding programs. Keeping Mickey Joseph would help even more, his recruiting has been solid so far. I don't think Nebraska will be championship contenders for many years, especially with Big Ten divisions being scrapped, but I would be content with consistent bowl game appearances for now. We can't get impatient, because that is what got us in the position we are in now.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Ya, Harbaugh is really the only one I can come up with.

And it's not like Harbaugh left the Niners to go to Michigan. He was out of work. He could definitely still come back to the pros. I think he was close to going to the Vikings last offseason, but they decided he was too crazy.

And he's dropped hints of having unfinished business in the NFL.  Once the whole Sean Payton thing is settled, he could be next if he wanted it.  

Very interesting news coming out in regards to the future CFP expansion.

As some of the comments on Twitter have said, I agree that any bowl game that tries to dictate the terms to the CFP expansion will probably put itself on the outside looking in.  If the Rose Bowl wont agree, then just add a replacement bowl at Sofi to the semifinal rotation.  If the Rose Bowl wants relevant teams, its best to remain in the circle of trust.  Could you imagine a Rose Bowl with Mountain West v. a midtier P5 or something like that?

• Like 1

College football will sacrifice every last ounce of tradition it's ever had, and it proves its commitment to $$$ over and over again.

There isn't a single component of college football bigger than the whole.

• Hate 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The Rose Bowl is hands down the coolest bowl game and it’s not even close. A playoff that doesn’t bend over backwards to accommodate that isn’t worth having. 

16 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Very interesting news coming out in regards to the future CFP expansion.

As some of the comments on Twitter have said, I agree that any bowl game that tries to dictate the terms to the CFP expansion will probably put itself on the outside looking in.  If the Rose Bowl wont agree, then just add a replacement bowl at Sofi to the semifinal rotation.  If the Rose Bowl wants relevant teams, its best to remain in the circle of trust.  Could you imagine a Rose Bowl with Mountain West v. a midtier P5 or something like that?

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

College football will sacrifice every last ounce of tradition it's ever had, and it proves its commitment to $$$ over and over again.

There isn't a single component of college football bigger than the whole.

The only things the Rose Bowl has is that it's the oldest, and a pretty sunset halfway through the game. That's not enough to keep it above the rest of the bowls. the only real tradition it still has is that the PAc-12 and Big Ten will meet in the game if the teams that can be picked aren't in the playoffs that year. Heck the Rose Bowl serves as a semi-final location the same as everyone else, just acknowledge you aren't the boss anymore. SoFi already has the LA Bowl. But if we're kicking out the Rose Bowl, why not move up the Citrus Bowl or the Alamo Bowl? 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The only things the Rose Bowl has is that it's the oldest, and a pretty sunset halfway through the game. That's not enough to keep it above the rest of the bowls. the only real tradition it still has is that the PAc-12 and Big Ten will meet in the game if the teams that can be picked aren't in the playoffs that year. Heck the Rose Bowl serves as a semi-final location the same as everyone else, just acknowledge you aren't the boss anymore. SoFi already has the LA Bowl. But if we're kicking out the Rose Bowl, why not move up the Citrus Bowl or the Alamo Bowl? 

They're gonna want to maintain an LA-area bowl game in the CFP rotation. Elevating the LA Bowl or a new one would be the top choice.