College Football 2022

MJWalker45

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’ve basically stopped caring about the Scott Frost-led Huskers. 

After that onside kick up 11 I laughed my ass off and even cheered when they blew the lead. 

As a fan of the Huskers, it’s terrible, but as a person who likes to observe Nebraska football this is riveting. 

I'm imagining if Red Wolf was a fan of the Razorbacks he'd be an Arkansas version of you rn 😄 given that the Huskers seem to embarrass themselves at a similar rate to Arkansas nowadays.  Scratch that, the Huskers aren't that much of an embarrassment yet, they're closer to Tennessee-level humiliation.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

19 hours ago, Discrim said:

I'm imagining if Red Wolf was a fan of the Razorbacks he'd be an Arkansas version of you rn 😄 given that the Huskers seem to embarrass themselves at a similar rate to Arkansas nowadays.  Scratch that, the Huskers aren't that much of an embarrassment yet, they're closer to Tennessee-level humiliation.

Unfortunately, the age of Arkansas embarrassment may be over. It was a really good run, but we'll never again reach the highs of watching the legendary Chad Morris putting in work.

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’ve basically stopped caring about the Scott Frost-led Huskers. 

After that onside kick up 11 I laughed my ass off and even cheered when they blew the lead. 

As a fan of the Huskers, it’s terrible, but as a person who likes to observe Nebraska football this is riveting. 

It's just stupid to bust out the trick plays in the first game of the year with the lead against a nothingburger opponent. Anytime I see a fake punt or some shenanigans in Week 1 I think this. Don't show 'em your cards!

12 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I remember when Nebraska was the power in college football and ironically when Scott Frost was quarterback. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

Sadly the Miami Hurricanes can relate, they hired Randy Shannon as HC (2007-2010) and yet were still mediocre. And yep he was the head coach for this one:

Thankfully it looks like in 2022 there could be light at the end of the tunnel under Cristobal.

• Like 1

I came in thinking that Nebraska would be better than expected. After all, the way they lost those games last year can’t continue. But perhaps it’s not a bad luck but something with the coaching that’s causing them to not be able to find a way to win a close game.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You know it's bad in Lincoln when even live music acts get in on the fun.

I spent the weekend down in Omaha...while there I caught a live music show downtown at Jewell Jazz Lounge. Nikki Boulay and her band performed Aretha Franklin's I Will Survive...as an ode to the fans of Nebraska football. She even went so far as to pause right in the middle of the verse, speak a short soliloquy to Scott Frost...and then picked right back up with "Go on now go, walk out the door/just turn around now, cause you’re not welcome anymore..."

Had the whole place dying of laughter.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I spent the weekend down in Omaha...while there I caught a live music show downtown at Jewell Jazz Lounge. Nikki Boulay and her band performed Aretha Franklin's I Will Survive...as an ode to the fans of Nebraska football. She even went so far as to pause right in the middle of the verse, speak a short soliloquy to Scott Frost...and then picked right back up with "Go on now go, walk out the door/just turn around now, cause you’re not welcome anymore..."

The rest of the Big Ten views Scott Frost the way the NFC Central fans used to view Wayne Fontes 🙂

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The rest of the Big Ten views Scott Frost the way the NFC Central fans used to view Wayne Fontes 🙂

You mean the guy that was hired to "restore the roar" in Detroit??

Sometimes the parallels--and the jokes--write themselves. 🤣

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

That warms my heart. 

Despite the team not sucking any less than they do now, if they would’ve tried that from 2018-2021 they would’ve been booed.

So much of this fanbase had the “if he can’t do it, no one can” delusion. I remember fans calling Frost a better coach than Pat Fitzgerald this offseason after he had four straight losing seasons and Fitz made two Big Ten title games in that timespan. 

It took a while, but finally this state is once again sane. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

23 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

So much of this fanbase had the “if he can’t do it, no one can” delusion. I remember fans calling Frost a better coach than Pat Fitzgerald this offseason after he had four straight losing seasons and Fitz made two Big Ten title games in that timespan.

Yeah, I figure Frost is gonna have to pull a rabbit out of his hat if he wants to not be fired, let alone get to the "his job as long as he wants it" level Fitzgerald's at.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

18 hours ago, TBGKon said:

We could have an update by Friday to know if we'll have a 12-team College Football Playoff in the 2026 season, or as early as the 2024 season if the right details line up.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/31/college-football-playoff-expansion-meeting-future

An expansion would be a nice change of pace. Right now... its so predictable. The same 7 teams fight for 4 spots, and the title picture has become stagnant. 

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

An expansion would be a nice change of pace. Right now... its so predictable. The same 7 teams fight for 4 spots, and the title picture has become stagnant. 

Agreed.  12 teams is good for the time being.  I believe the last proposal was to have the top 6 ranked conference champs be guaranteed in the playoffs, not necessarily the Power 5 plus 1.  The remaining 6 would be at large.  The top 4 ranked conference champs would be seeded and get a first round bye.

• Like 1