NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

23 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

I'm not going to argue the semantics of it but it's clear how sock stripes affect the aesthetics when you compare those photos to these

hi-res-b91c8ab46e3b45256bb1b3194eefcd29_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&q=75

Why in the world have teams not started to put stripes on the leggings? If players prefer those to normal socks just print the stripes onto them. Plus it would open up a whole new market of on-field yoga pants for them to sale.

• Like 4

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

This season, Carolina will only wear blue jerseys twice, in the preseason at Washington and in Week 17 at Tampa Bay. Typically, league rules allow a team to wear alternate jerseys three times in a season, but the Panthers received an exception to wear black as one of the alternate uniforms for the blackout game against Atlanta.

So does that mean preseason games count towards the number of times you can wear an alt?

30 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

So blues are twice because of the blackout alternate, and one of them is in the preseason. And why is Tampa wearing white at home in week 17. At least we’ll see them in red at Carolina because the panthers are obsessed with WAH as well.

I was thinking the same thing. And I thought we'd see blue or black for the Week 4 late afternoon game against Arizona onward. First 9 games in white is embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

So blues are twice because of the blackout alternate, and one of them is in the preseason. And why is Tampa wearing white at home in week 17. At least we’ll see them in red at Carolina because the panthers are obsessed with WAH as well.

I would be the least bit shocked if Tampa did the all pewter in Carolina

• Like 1

A minor story I'm following ahead of New England's first preseason game next week: NOBs. The Pats currently have four Joneses on the roster, and three of them are defensive backs. Should all four need to differentiate their jerseys, we end up with Ja. Jones, Jo. Jones, Mar. Jones, and Mac Jones all as names on the back of jerseys. I don't think that'll happen, especially with Mac, but I don't know the requirements around this. Having three guys with the same last name at the same position will likely require at least the Jo. Jones, Ja. Jones, and M. Jones names. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

A minor story I'm following ahead of New England's first preseason game next week: NOBs. The Pats currently have four Joneses on the roster, and three of them are defensive backs. Should all four need to differentiate their jerseys, we end up with Ja. Jones, Jo. Jones, Mar. Jones, and Mac Jones all as names on the back of jerseys. I don't think that'll happen, especially with Mac, but I don't know the requirements around this. Having three guys with the same last name at the same position will likely require at least the Jo. Jones, Ja. Jones, and M. Jones names. 

I think the league stopped doing that over a decade ago. You are just going to see a bunch of joneses running around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

I at least understand Carolina not wanting to wear black in the sun. Tampa not wearing red is inexcusable

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"Panthers received an exception to the rule"

Other teams to NFL: Why don't we get an exception??

Because it’s not an exemption. You have 3 games you can wear alternates for and those are their 3. It’s just them trying to make the black helmets seem more important than they really are

23 minutes ago, SwavyTree said:

So, in essence, a team can wear their alt helmet with regular jersey under the "exception"

Supposedly they designated all black as color rush, which is an alternate. I heard that on here though so take that how you will

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Just now, MNtwins3 said:

I at least understand Carolina not wanting to wear black in the sun. Tampa not wearing red is inexcusable

It’s the same thing, they are both wanting to wear white while forcing the other team to wear colored jerseys. I don’t see your logic

• Like 3

Just now, dont care said:

It’s the same thing, they are both wanting to wear white while forcing the other team to wear colored jerseys. I don’t see your logic

Black jerseys make players hot because they are super dark, red jerseys are not as dark and should not be enough of a problem to not wear red the entire season

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

Black jerseys make players hot because they are super dark, red jerseys are not as dark and should not be enough of a problem to not wear red the entire season

I don’t think you know how bad the Florida Sun is, and how it is all year. Wearing any color is unbearable. Wanting to wear white for some relief is perfectly acceptable. Carolina doesn’t have as much of a leg to stand on when there heat and Sun aren’t anywhere near as bad in the later months.

• Yawn 1

27 minutes ago, dont care said:

Because it’s not an exemption. You have 3 games you can wear alternates for and those are their 3. It’s just them trying to make the black helmets seem more important than they really are

The black helmets would probably look better with the blue jerseys, considering the decals on the helmet are solid blue. Will have to try it out in Madden. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.