NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Alright, hold on a second -- first off, Tennessee should not drop the flaming shield for a simple roundel. Roundels are boring, reek of MLS or NBA, and the great thing about a good helmet logo in football (the only uniform item other than the side of a racing car where there's left->right real estate that's prime and not an armpit or pant) is that it has left-> right motion to it. 

One thing I recall, IIRC it's not supposed to be a flaming shield, but a straight up fireball...referencing gridiron football's other double blue team, I felt the Argonauts had erred when they removed the Boatman from their logo and were left with just the shield.  The shield alone made no sense, much like the Titans fireball kinda needs to remain a fireball.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really liked the previous Titans' jersey, but Puma and Reebok's versions of it looked better than Nike's to me.  Nike made changes to the shoulder yoke that were a downgrade to me. The yoke became thinner and oddly stopped at the cuff line when the switch to Nike began.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I still think the Eagles will find a way to go b-b-b in the 'Owl.  At this point they'll be no less than the 2nd seed and have a home 2nd round game, which pretty much puts them in the NFCCG against, I assume, TB.  I don't see them stopping the Bills offense, so unless it's a shootout like XII (where the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl) it'll likely be the Bills finally bring a trophy home.

Either way, I can't imagine the infrastructure in Phoenix can support both fan bases, and I think there's a mutual respect between the two.  It could lead to the most entertaining pregame shenanigans in Super Bowl history.

• LOL 3
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The thing that bothered me the most about the old Titans set was the helmet stripe that matched nothing else on their uniforms. I wish they had ditched that instead of blowing the whole thing up. 

(Outlining the jersey yokes to somewhat match the pants stripes would’ve been good too, but the lack of that didn’t bother me as much.)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

I still think the Eagles will find a way to go b-b-b in the 'Owl.  At this point they'll be no less than the 2nd seed and have a home 2nd round game, which pretty much puts them in the NFCCG against, I assume, TB.  I don't see them stopping the Bills offense, so unless it's a shootout like XII (where the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl) it'll likely be the Bills finally bring a trophy home.

Either way, I can't imagine the infrastructure in Phoenix can support both fan bases, and I think there's a mutual respect between the two.  It could lead to the most entertaining pregame shenanigans in Super Bowl history.

Are you a time traveler? Did I wake up from a 4 month coma and now it's January 2023? Am I having a stroke?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

bSLCtu2.png

20 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

You don't think they look similar to the Texans in that bottom picture? If you squint, it looks like an intra-squad scrimmage. Navy helmet, white jersey, navy pants. Only main difference is red vs. gray accents. My point is that there is already a navy-heavy team in the division and many league-wide, so why not embrace the Columbia blue and stand out?

And they used navy in the last set. The red and powder blue and grey separate the teams just fine and don’t look anything alike.

21 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Dare I ask who is worst?

That is easy, the Jaguars as they wear junior high school pants. 

Worst pants in the league in my opinion: 

1. Jaguars & Commies (plain and boring, very generic) 
  2. Titans (The sword holster is awful compared to previous set)
  3. Jets (sad excuse for a stripe)
  4. Falcons (sad excuse for a stripe, especially considering their previous set was damn near perfect)
  5. Rams (make the stripes consistent on the bone, sol, and blue pants)
  6. Saints (hate the solid white and solid black pants, the gold pants stripe should match the helmet) 
  • Like 2

spacer.png

10 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

They should've went with something like this (rough mockup):

spacer.png

There was a Lions concept I saw on IG the other day that was similar to this, except the stripe was not on the shoulders it was only on the sleeve, which would look nicer to me.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

And they used navy in the last set. The red and powder blue and grey separate the teams just fine and don’t look anything alike.

Just curious, do you think there is another team in the league that more closely resembles the Titans than the Texans? I feel like I've seen that comparison made on these boards before, along with the Seahawks.

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

1. Jaguars (plain and boring, very generic) 
  4. Falcons (sad excuse for a stripe, especially considering their previous set was damn near perfect)
  6. Saints (hate the solid white and solid black pants, the gold pants stripe should match the helmet) 

You forgot the Commanders.  By the criteria you're using for the Jags, Washington is worse. The Jags have that useless little black detail at the bottom. The Commies have three pairs of pants with absolutely nothing.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You forgot the Commanders.  By the criteria you're using for the Jags, Washington is worse. The Jags have that useless little black detail at the bottom. The Commies have three pairs of pants with absolutely nothing.

Thank you....I am still not used to the Commies new uniforms. But they are definitley tied for worst. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Just curious, do you think there is another team in the league that more closely resembles the Titans than the Texans? I feel like I've seen that comparison made on these boards before, along with the Seahawks.

If we are going of your criteria there are about a dozen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

1. Jaguars & Commies (plain and boring, very generic) 

Considering the fact that their gold pants are sparingly worn, the Saints might very well be the worst. Their black leggings are simply awful with a gold helmet and their solid whites make absolutely no sense.

• Like 2

The previous Falcons uniforms were fun for a short period of time when piping was in style, but that's the first time I've heard someone contend they were nearly "perfect." Those goofy bubble numbers and the way the sleeve design got distorted by next-gen cuts w/ Nike gave me headaches. 

Only thing I miss was how beautiful the red jerseys looked under the stadium lights, but only after Nike took over. The original red jerseys, with that Reebok sheen to them, could look a bit drab, faded under the Georgia Dome lights.

I'm a broken record, but the new uniforms -- while not the greatest -- are a huge improvement over what they were in.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

One thing I find interesting about this, and hadn't really considered before, is how versatile each of the individual elements of this logo could be when used in separate applications.

As I referenced a few posts ago, the T+stars could stand on its own. The T by itself could also serve as a secondary or tertiary mark — I could see it on the hip of the pants, for example.  I could also see finding additional uses for the red and blue flames, either within the uniforms or on other brand applications.

Maybe some or all of this has been done in the past and I just haven't noticed. But using, or at least invoking, those individual elements on their own would just reinforce the core brand even more. 

A nice feature of the original Titans helmet was the flames nearly met in the middle on the back (a bonus of the non-traditional stripe).

9628399-nfl-indianapolis-colts-at-tennes

Seeing the logo from the rear is something I like on helmets that we also see in the Vikings, Eagles, Rams, and Chargers.

• Like 4