NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This was my shot at it...

spacer.png

That's pretty good - about as good as you can do with what they gave you to work with (though the bottom corners of the 6 and 8 should probably be squared?)  Regardless, and it has nothing to do with your work, IMO it wouldn't be an improvement.  It's too "bulky" (kinda like the new Falcons), and the 1 is super weird.  The current font is nothing to rave about (and also has a really wonky 1) but I'd prefer them keep it than go with something like this.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’d be willing to bet the Seahawks do what Dallas did this year and use the alternate helmet with two different designs for the two alternate uniforms.

It’ll be a silver/grey helmet that will use current logos for the all wolf grey look and the second design will be for throwbacks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d be willing to bet the Seahawks do what Dallas did this year and use the alternate helmet with two different designs for the two alternate uniforms.

It’ll be a silver/grey helmet that will use current logos for the all wolf grey look and the second design will be for throwbacks 

I think the grey jersey will get canned and the color rush will stay. Way too many neon green jerseys in the stands for them to drop that one

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I highly doubt the Seahawks are looking at the Lions’ all gray unis and thinking those would be awesome. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Also with the Eagles black helmets: I genuinely could not tell the difference from a distance since their normal helmets are so dark anyways

Agreed.  If you didn't tell me they were black, it would have taken me a while to pick up on it.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I highly doubt the Seahawks are looking at the Lions’ all gray unis and thinking those would be awesome. 

The Seahawks have used mono Wolf-Gray since the team's redesign a decade ago, and it looks miles better than the Lions' anthracite dumpster fire. It does wonders that it's light enough to look like white from a distance. I'd be willing to see the Seahawks ditch the white jerseys in favor of gray full time, I think this is an example of a non-white color done well. The Rams could learn a thing or too from this set. I'd vastly prefer to see the neon barf color rush get canned, but if this season is indeed the final year of Wolf Gray's tenure, it should at least go out with the respect it deserves.

158438709.jpg.jpg

1439614333.5.jpg

• Like 13

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

The Seahawks have used mono Wolf-Gray since the team's redesign a decade ago, and it looks miles better than the Lions' anthracite dumpster fire. It does wonders that it's light enough to look like white from a distance. I'd be willing to see the Seahawks ditch the white jerseys in favor of gray full time, I think this is an example of a non-white color done well. The Rams could learn a thing or too from this set. I'd vastly prefer to see the neon barf color rush get canned, but if this season is indeed the final year of Wolf Gray's tenure, it should at least go out with the respect it deserves.

It's the most unneeded secondary and doesn't deserve any respect beyond that. It doesn't even deserve the name "wolf gray", because that just makes it sound cooler than what it is: a light gray uniform that is almost indistinguishable from the white and half the time you have to squint at the TV to try to figure out if they're wearing white or light gray.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

44 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

158438709.jpg.jpg

1439614333.5.jpg

I just think it’d look terrible with a silver helmet.

The Seahawks could have introduced a silver helmet this year to go with it and smartly chose not to do so. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It's the most unneeded secondary and doesn't deserve any respect beyond that. It doesn't even deserve the name "wolf gray", because that just makes it sound cooler than what it is: a light gray uniform that is almost indistinguishable from the white and half the time you have to squint at the TV to try to figure out if they're wearing white or light gray.

Patriot gray.

It's the same color.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, PERRIN said:

158438709.jpg.jpg

1439614333.5.jpg

The wolf grey jersey looks great with the navy pants.  I could almost live with the neon green jerseys if they broke it up by using white pants instead of head to toe highlighter but we know that ship idea has sailed already.  

• Like 4

I'm a fan of Grey uniforms, and I know I'm in the minority.  I actually like Detroit's Dark Steel Grey (it's not Anthracite) and Seattle's Wolf Grey as alternates.  Seattle's best look is Navy/Navy/Grey, so I hope if they must get rid of the Grey jersey (do they have to?) that they at least keep the Grey pant, so that they don't go mono-Navy.

The Seahawks throwbacks will look great on the modern template/fabric and I look forward to seeing them.

I think there's a general swing in society starting now to go back to some more traditional things; I think it's part-nostalgia, part-burnout of everything "modern", and part-emotional desire to see things go back to simpler times as an escape for how wild & obscene today's world is.

Either way, I'm in support of it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm a fan of Grey uniforms, and I know I'm in the minority.  I actually like Detroit's Dark Steel Grey (it's not Anthracite) and Seattle's Wolf Grey as alternates.  Seattle's best look is Navy/Navy/Grey, so I hope if they must get rid of the Grey jersey (do they have to?) that they at least keep the Grey pant, so that they don't go mono-Navy.

The Seahawks throwbacks will look great on the modern template/fabric and I look forward to seeing them.

I think there's a general swing in society starting now to go back to some more traditional things; I think it's part-nostalgia, part-burnout of everything "modern", and part-emotional desire to see things go back to simpler times as an escape for how wild & obscene today's world is.

Either way, I'm in support of it.

What do you speculate (if you do) on how they handle those sleeves, though? I really hope they can pull  it off, but I have to think it is going to be something different from the logo wrapping the sleeve.

Like (I think) I said, I'm interested in seeing these.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

22 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Also with the Eagles black helmets: I genuinely could not tell the difference from a distance since their normal helmets are so dark anyways

19 hours ago, BBTV said:

Agreed.  If you didn't tell me they were black, it would have taken me a while to pick up on it.

It's like I said after they were unveiled...this black helmet doesn't add anything to the Eagles' aesthetic.  No attempt to differentiate from the green helmet in any way besides shell color, no attempt to include green in any way, just a weak helmet overall.  Might as well not have bothered.

• Like 8

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

20 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What do you speculate (if you do) on how they handle those sleeves, though? I really hope they can pull  it off, but I have to think it is going to be something different from the logo wrapping the sleeve.

Like (I think) I said, I'm interested in seeing these.

Probably not too different than the sleeves circa 2000.  They'll be cut off at the seams for sure and my guess is they'll probably be thinner than these: 

Seattle Seahawks - 2000 Season Recap | RetroSeasons

I wonder if shiny silver pants will be back!

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Discrim said:

It's like I said after they were unveiled...this black helmet doesn't add anything to the Eagles' aesthetic.  No attempt to differentiate from the green helmet in any way besides shell color, no attempt to include green in any way, just a weak helmet overall.  Might as well not have bothered.

I'd argue it's the best of the black alternate helmets because you can't even tell it's an alternate when you watch them play

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Theoetically, if Seattle ever did wamt to go back to this look full time, they could uses the chest sleeves from Cleveland's disasterous set, thus creating room for the logo to be hidden in the stripe whilst still being distinguishable from said stripe.

Their current set shows they have no problem stretching onto the sleeves.

• Like 3

spacer.png

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Theoetically, if Seattle ever did wamt to go back to this look full time, they could uses the chest sleeves from Cleveland's disasterous set, thus creating room for the logo to be hidden in the stripe whilst still being distinguishable from said stripe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Probably not too different than the sleeves circa 2000.  They'll be cut off at the seams for sure and my guess is they'll probably be thinner than these: 

Seattle Seahawks - 2000 Season Recap | RetroSeasons

I wonder if shiny silver pants will be back!

Yeah they should have no problem doing them like this.  It's basically the same width as the Steelers striping now, just be prepared for the tip of the Seahawk beak to be tucked up under someone's sleeve band.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Rough sketch of what I'm envisioning:

YYvZB2Z.jpeg

• Like 7