NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

19 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Eh, Cardinals are and would still be worse. There’s nothing really wrong with Tennessee’s all navy. It’s pretty on par with Seattle’s if not better.

Now that’s a take. 

• Like 10

spacer.png

12 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Eh, Cardinals are and would still be worse. There’s nothing really wrong with Tennessee’s all navy. It’s pretty on par with Seattle’s if not better.

I can’t take you seriously if you look at Tennessee’s uniforms and don’t see anything wrong with them.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So it's on par with another terrible uniform.  

High praise.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I can’t take you seriously if you look at Tennessee’s uniforms and don’t see anything wrong with them.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

So you're saying it's bad?

Not once did I say Tennessee had a good uniform. It’s just not as bad as Arizona or Seattle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont care said:

he's getting off on the attention his "hot takes" are creating.  Don't indulge him.

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I do not hate Tennessee's all navy, but the Seahawks all-navy is better. I also do not completely hate Tennessee's uniforms as a whole. They're not the best, but definitely not the dumpster fire everyone on here says they are

*ducks*

• Like 6

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

6 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

I do not hate Tennessee's all navy, but the Seahawks all-navy is better. I also do not completely hate Tennessee's uniforms as a whole. They're not the best, but definitely not the dumpster fire everyone on here says they are

*ducks*

I think that's fair. Sometimes it seems a uniform gets labeled as a disaster when, in reality, it just fell significantly short of expectations.

I think there was a fair amount of hope that the Titans would come up with something that built upon or surpassed the somewhat solid foundation of their prior set. Instead, what they came up with — while short of terrible — didn't measure up to those expectations.

Personally, I think the uniforms have some interesting design elements, but the entire look is weighed down by the overuse of silver/gray and those dull-hued helmets, which are a complete miss.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

he's getting off on the attention his "hot takes" are creating.  Don't indulge him.

Speak for yourself. It’s better than hearing about players wearing exposed undershirts and wishing bodily harm/death upon a player like broken records.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

*ducks*

I agree. When the Titans actually employ proper color blocking (as rare for them as proper pass blocking), they look okay. They should streamline the sword motif and cut down to one shade of silver, and get rid of those dumb things under the armpit. But those things just make them messy, not downright terrible. When they break up the mono and showcase the Columbia blue, they look pretty good. Unfortunately, they don’t like to do either of those things. 

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, MCM0313 said:

I agree. When the Titans actually employ proper color blocking (as rare for them as proper pass blocking), they look okay. They should streamline the sword motif and cut down to one shade of silver, and get rid of those dumb things under the armpit. But those things just make them messy, not downright terrible. When they break up the mono and showcase the Columbia blue, they look pretty good. Unfortunately, they don’t like to do either of those things. 

Then they could make the "sword" just one shade of light blue while they're at it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

*ducks*

Why The Titans Uniforms Are A Dumpster Fire [Abridged]

- Their shoulders are giant swords.

- The alternate logo that the shoulder swords are based on is no longer anywhere to be found on the uniforms.

- The swords add two shades of gray to an already crowded color palette on the jersey.

- There's more gray on the primary jerseys than Columbia blue.

- The Columbia blue pit stains look like an afterthought.

- The numbers are the bastard lovechild of the Bucs' alarm clock numbers and West Virginia's pickaxe numbers.

- The already overly-outlined logo was made worse by putting it on a blue helmet, requiring yet another outline.

- The only use of red on the jersey is to highlight the NIKE logo.

- Their.

- Shoulders.

- Are.

- Giant.

- Swords.

• Like 21

spacer.png

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

- The alternate logo that the shoulder swords are based on is no longer anywhere to be found on the uniforms.

- The swords add two shades of gray to an already crowded color palette on the jersey.

- The numbers are the bastard lovechild of the Bucs' alarm clock numbers and West Virginia's pickaxe numbers.

- The already overly-outlined logo was made worse by putting it on a blue helmet, requiring yet another outline.

- Their.

- Shoulders.

- Are.

- Giant.

- Swords.

On paper they should look god awful, but in practice they aren't even close to being absolutely unwatchable. I'd rather have the Cardinals, Rams, Jags, Saints, Jets, Broncos, Giants, Lions, and Eagles update their uniforms before I would consider changing the current Titans uniforms. I'll even say the current look is miles ahead of the previous look, that looks like a bad CFL template for the Argonauts. I do think the Titans should have their primary look be columbia jersey with navy pants though.

Can't wait for the one jokester to ask the mods for the dislike button for this

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

16 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I think that's fair. Sometimes it seems a uniform gets labeled as a disaster when, in reality, it just fell significantly short of expectations.

I think there was a fair amount of hope that the Titans would come up with something that built upon or surpassed the somewhat solid foundation of their prior set. Instead, what they came up with — while short of terrible — didn't measure up to those expectations.

Personally, I think the uniforms have some interesting design elements, but the entire look is weighed down by the overuse of silver/gray and those dull-hued helmets, which are a complete miss.

The navy helmets would work fine if Columbia blue were the base color of their primary jersey or pants. Either one. But the mono just doesn’t work. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, burgundy said:

- Their.

- Shoulders.

- Are.

- Giant.

- Swords.

Don't forget that they went from having the best looking pants in the league to the 2nd worst behind the plain Jaguars pants. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

The navy helmets would work fine if Columbia blue were the base color of their primary jersey or pants. Either one. But the mono just doesn’t work. 

I don't know about that. It's hard to articulate what it is about those helmets, but they just appear -- what's the right word -- shabby? There's just a dullness to them that I find unappealing. They remind me of when I first played football in the late '80s. Our school gave the junior high back then these white helmets that had the dull sheen of an overused cue ball. They were unattractive, but functional. 

The Titans helmets feel like a mismatch. You have a uniform that attempts modern and ornate design elements and a helmet that suggests a simple, workman-like simplicity. They don't belong together.